Cyber Week Sale, how incredibly underwhelming

sonomaphil

I wish there was a LIKE button for posts. I agree with so many of you.

Kudos to parents who take toddlers, but I wouldn't have the kids in the same cabin. I'd be getting them an Inside somewhere. And no soda for them.

Yikes.

I'm with you. We have three kids. We started cruising with them when the youngest was four year old. They got the inside room across from the balcony room that dh and I stayed in. None of the cruise lines we traveled on had a problem with it. Of course, the reservation showed Dh in one room and me in the other.

What, no soda for toddlers? What if it's diet soda? ;) On DCL, soda is free, and we let them have it because it's a treat. On Carnival and NCL, it's not free, and we don't buy the package.

As consumers we have been conditioned like Pavlov's dog to salivate and respond to the words Black Friday and now Cyber Monday. CC members would not be compelled to book a cruise for a free soda package. However those who don't monitor price and are not cruise savvy would probably consider this a deal if they happened to be considering a cruise. Celebrity is offering $25 deposit for new passengers and $12.50 deposit for past passengers. Not compelling to me since it all has to be paid for in the end. But for those who are clueless it's a deal. I have been in retail since 1982 and every Black Friday is the same. Deep discounts on out dated electronics and closeout prices for last years fashion items. Yet people are giving up time with their family on Thanksgiving day to line up outside of Walmart. The cruise industry is no different they are only going to discount what they can't sell.

Why they even participate in a Thanksgiving weekend sale at all is beyond me. They have an international clientele which for many Black Friday doesn't mean a damn thing. I guess since Americans are conditioned to respond to "Black Friday" deals they have to offer something.