Beds on Grandeur of the Seas are the worst.

JKrise

Returned from the Grandeur Thanksgivibg sailing. The beds were probably one of the few things that was great. That ship should be sold or dry docked. Celebrated our 50th anniversary with our entire family. (14) the first full sea day our grandson severely cut his leg coming out of the pool. Ruined our cruise of a life time. Still waiting to hear from Royal. Caribbean. Try a newer ship out of Bayonne.

Returned from the Grandeur Thanksgivibg sailing. The beds were probably one of the few things that was great. That ship should be sold or dry docked. Celebrated our 50th anniversary with our entire family. (14) the first full sea day our grandson severely cut his leg coming out of the pool. Ruined our cruise of a life time. Still waiting to hear from Royal. Caribbean. Try a newer ship out of Bayonne.

Firstly, happy anniversary. Sorry to hear about your grandson. I hope he is recovered by now. Was this injury the fault of the condition of the pool? I'll be on Grandeur next weekend with three grandchildren (15, 13 and 11) and hope that any necessary repairs have been made and of course if fault is with RCCL that they stand behind you. Let us know.

I was on the November 29 cruise in a large ocean view stateroom on deck 4. Our room attendant put padding on top of the mattress and it was pretty comfortable. We didn't even need to ask.

The Grandeur is going to be "refitted" in May, 2017. I know some of the changes will be to the internet, not sure what else, but she will be off the seas for 4-6 weeks.

I had read about the lower beds and so we invested in a couple of large rolling duffel bags. They worked perfectly for our needs and fit under the beds easily. I think we paid under $30 for each bag. They are HUGE!

I guess everyone has a different preference when it comes to mattresses. We just got off the Grandeur yesterday (in aft JS) and found the beds very uncomfortable. The pillows were very flat so we asked for fluffier pillows. The room steward gave us a third flat pillow (haha). Definitely eased the pain of the cruise ending by sleeping in our own bed last night with our own fluffy pillows! However, we enjoyed the cruise very much (just didn't rest well).

I guess everyone has a different preference when it comes to mattresses. We just got off the Grandeur yesterday (in aft JS) and found the beds very uncomfortable. The pillows were very flat so we asked for fluffier pillows. The room steward gave us a third flat pillow (haha). Definitely eased the pain of the cruise ending by sleeping in our own bed last night with our own fluffy pillows! However, we enjoyed the cruise very much (just didn't rest well).

We were in an OV cabin .Our pillows were very fluffy.

It is not a question of the mattresses being too hard or too soft. I could deal with that. On Grandeur they are just worn out! You have to experience it to know what I mean.

Anyone know what the mattresses in the Grand Suites are like?

I just got off the ship today and the bed ,without a board under the mattress was quite firm ,just the way I like it.

Hi Lenny, our bed had new mattresses as well(so much better than the wore out ones we had last April), and like Velmasue (Hi Sue! Our pillows were flat too...

We were in an inside on 3 :)