Beds on Grandeur of the Seas are the worst.

JKrise

Just off grandeur of the seas from a 10 day cruise.

The beds are absolutely the worst I have ever slept on. Talking to others on board they have the same opinion.

Mattresses sink in the middle, are lumpy, and the pillows are the thinnest and flattest I have experienced.

Be prepared for a horrible nights sleep.

The beds are absolutely the worst I have ever slept on. Talking to others on board they have the same opinion.

Mattresses sink in the middle, are lumpy, and the pillows are the thinnest and flattest I have experienced.

Must have been a lot of honeymooners onboard lately.;)

OP, did you mention this to anybody in the housekeeping department? If so, what was their response?

Yes, we did mention it. The response was 'I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we do not have any replacement or spare mattresses on board. Please feel free to include your issue in the post cruise survey you will receive via email. '

We didn't mind them at all. But then our bed at home is old. Our mattress and pillows in our HAL cruises were much fluffier.

We just got off the Vision and the mattress was also unbearable . I had requested a egg crate and they don't have them anymore due to bed bugs I was told :(

I did fill in my survey today so hopefully someone reads it .

Just to show how the situation varies, we were on Vision for 15 days and thought the mattress was fine.

This was the second trip on GoS in which the mattresses were awful. It is really disappointing to pay for a vacation with your hard earned $$$ and get correctional institution quality pillows and a cheap road side motel mattress. Twice.

Have more cruises booked with RCI but DW and I are debating whether to keep them or not.

This last trip on GoS was a real let down in terms of quality and overall presentation of the product.

More to come in a cruise review.

We sailed on Grandeur on October 24. Two days into the cruise, they were replacing the mattresses in at least some of the cabins on our floor. The Junior Suites got new mattresses that are pillow top ones - still somewhat firm, but much better than the one we had the first 2 nights. Hopefully, they are doing this ship wide and for all cabins.

Never really had trouble with any of them and I've been on the Grandeur many times. Just lucky, I guess. Nice to hear about the Junior Suites getting new ones, even though we've not experienced bad mattresses. We have our first Junior Suite on December 9. We almost always sail inside cabins. I'll let you know. I always sleep better on a cruise anyway.

Sorry you were disappointed and they couldn't remedy the situation for you.

Gwen :)

As much as I love Grandeur I have to say the mattresses are horrible! On one cruise we did get a new mattress delivered a few days into the cruise.

We were also on board for the Oct. 24th cruise and we did see them replacing mattresses but not in our cabin. We were in a D1 balcony. One bed was ok and the other had a big dip in the middle of the bed.

Hopefully they are replacing all of the mattresses!

And no it will not stop me from sailing Grandeur. I really like that ship and it is convenient for us to drive to Baltimore.

Edited by dixieva

The mattresses are the WORST. Plus the beds appear to be lower to the floor. You feel like you are in a youth hostel. We did have an egg crate topper placed on our bed but they were all out for our companions.

As much as like cruising out of a home port, Grandeur beds are the reasons I don't do it.

some like them firm some like them soft, it think its hard to please everyone with mattresses. Its not like you can request your mattress type in your booking :)

Its just like how some people love the Windjammer and others hate it....

I am always sore a few days into vacations until my body adjust to a mattress that isn't my own.

And besides, if I don't sleep well in our room I can always catch a nap pool side :D

Legend 15 day PC cruise last April and had the worst nights sleep ever. Bed was HORRIBLE. No egg crates available even though I requested one 9 months out. Steward put extra padding on the bed but it was no help.

Jewell 7 day CA Coastal last month and I slept like a baby.

I guess it varies from room to room. :p

some like them firm some like them soft, it think its hard to please everyone with mattresses. Its not like you can request your mattress type in your booking :)

Its just like how some people love the Windjammer and others hate it....

I am always sore a few days into vacations until my body adjust to a mattress that isn't my own.

And besides, if I don't sleep well in our room I can always catch a nap pool side :D

You know, I think some of the mattress issues go beyond an opposed preference to a soft or a firm mattress.

I love a soft mattress and struggled on my recent AotS cruise as the mattresses were rock hard. That in itself I could have dealt with, but the mattresses were either very cheap, very worn or both. You could feel the springs. I don't know anybody who likes to feel the coils in a mattress lol.

It is not a question of the mattresses being too hard or too soft. I could deal with that. On Grandeur they are just worn out! You have to experience it to know what I mean.

I experienced it. It's really bad when the beds are separated because that "crater" in the middle when the beds are together, becomes the side of the single bed. The high side of the bed was against the wall so when we had a VERY rocky night, I slid right out of the valley and ended up on the floor.:eek: