LIVE - Oasis Eastern 11/28/15 with Chris and Family

Chris's comments about CATS:

I certainly would have been in trouble if I had not read a summary and kind of knew what was going on. It has even less of a story than Mama Mia and instead plays more like poems set to ballet.
I highly encourage everyone to look for a synopsis before going to see CATS. These are, indeed, "poems set to ballet". They are pulled straight from T.S. Elliott's book, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, first published in 1939. My favorite version is the one released in 1982, with illustrations by Edward Gorey. You can get the paperback for under $10 at major bookstores. It will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the show, and you might enjoy rereading the book several times a year (as I do). Edited by Grandma Petania

She was found, just "missed the boat."

http://www.tribune242.com/news/2015/dec/01/search-missing-canadian-cruise-ship-passenger-nass/?news

"A CANADIAN cruise ship passenger who was reported missing by police was found in “good health”, the Royal Bahamas Police Force said Tuesday.

Police also said she was found in “safe company” with a Bahamian man at a home on East Bay Street."

Dirty Birdy ! .. And pretty stupid too -- picking up some Bahamian guy @ the waterfront in Nassau is a good way to get yourself in some trouble (a few different ways ... ) .. that ain't "safe company" .. mon!

Edited by F27TW

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise.

We were on Oasis the week before Labor Day. We went to JR for breakfast one day--the day the rest of the ship decided to eat there, too. What a mess it was: had to wait in line at least 30 minutes to be seated and we thought the food and service were terrible. We'd always had a good breakfast there on previous Oasis-class cruises. We decided to stick with the WJ after that. We like to eat it and beat it. The MDR was too slow, too.

They had an issue with Cats the night we saw it. Toward the end of the first act, there was an "Alpha Alpha Alpha" call. The music stopped, although the actives on stage did not. After about 10 minutes people started leaving in droves. Maybe 20 minutes later, the music/singing started again and Act I finally finished. I think most of the audience left at that point (including DH). I stayed and loved Act II. Very well done and very good talent.

It was my third time seeing it (twice in Washington, DC).

We had reservations for Oasis of Dreams the first night, but we were tired and skipped it. Never went back, but we had seen it before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk