LIVE - Oasis Eastern 11/28/15 with Chris and Family

Once onboard, we beelined it straight to the Park Cafe taking the port elevators (as everyone was staying starbord for some reason). We were the second group there, grabbed our beef on a wek, chips, salads, and drinks, and were sitting out at a table in Central Park by 11:25. By 11:45, all of the dedicated outside tables were full and there was a line out the door (seemed to be moving pretty quickly though). I ran over to Giovanni's to make reservations for both formal nights. I'm not sure if the guy taking the reservations understood that I wanted to use our D+ coupons so that the second night was free ... guess we'll see.

After finishing our food, we went and sat at the aquatheater to wait for the cabins to open at 1:00. The Michigan/Ohio State game was playing at Sabor for those who wanted to watch it.

I logged into the ship's wifi and found that my D+ coupon has not been loaded yet. It is $105 for the whole trip for a single device. The sheet in our cabin says we can get get $59.95 off of a package (thought this was more). I went ahead and purchased the package so I could use wifi and figure I will have to talk to the concierge later about the charge. As usual, RCI just can't seem to make all of the tech work together very well.

4:00 muster is over. We are assigned to Comedy Live for our muster station. My mom and dad went down about 25 minutes early while I finished unpacking. I met our state room attendant Gerry on the way out and he seems like a good guy. All of the chairs were gone in the comedy venue by about 3:50 and everyone else has to stand or sit in the floor. You'd think they'd limit the number of guests to the number if chairs available. There was some grumbling but not too much. The crowd was generally quiet for the safety videos though the video/audio sync was off by about 8 seconds. Getting ready for cast off shortly.

Headed to the Diamond Lounge at 5 and of course it was already jammed. Shared a table with a nice couple from Florida, then headed down at 5:30 for MTD. The line for those with reservations was to the elevators but it moved pretty fast and we were seated in about 10 minutes (similar to the first night of standard dining where the line backs up as people have to shown to their seats. Mojo menu tonight so fish rillettes, Caesar salad, and mojo pork chop for me. It was all fine (photos coming later). The waiter was obviously harried and kept apologizing. We waited around for dessert and ended up leaving by 6:55 to head to the Boardwalk for Oasis of Dreams. None too shocking ... it was cancelled due to wind.

My family of 5 will be in a OV balcony and interior directly across the hall. I am eager to hear comments on your room location and how you liked deck 6. I am thinking it willbe convenient to Boardwalk. Don't have our room #s in front of me right now, but we are a few doors aft of the aft elevator set.

Thank you for this great live post!

Headed to the Diamond Lounge at 5 and of course it was already jammed. Shared a table with a nice couple from Florida, then headed down at 5:30 for MTD. The line for those with reservations was to the elevators but it moved pretty fast and we were seated in about 10 minutes (similar to the first night of standard dining where the line backs up as people have to shown to their seats. Mojo menu tonight so fish rillettes, Caesar salad, and mojo pork chop for me. It was all fine (photos coming later). The waiter was obviously harried and kept apologizing. We waited around for dessert and ended up leaving by 6:55 to head to the Boardwalk for Oasis of Dreams. None too shocking ... it was cancelled due to wind.

Love your review so far. Thanks for sharing your great pictures.

Just have a question...what happens when they cancel the Aqua show? Do they add another performance later in the week? Or do you join one of the other two shows? Either way, it's tough as you may have to bump other plans. Hope you get to see it as these shows are supposed to be amazing.

Looking forward to hearing more.

I think it is great that you are so young and already a D+ member. Will you share your secret how you get to travel so often?

Looking forward to this Live report. Thanks for doing it!

I try to travel cheaply. I look for cruise bargains that match airfare bargains. I love Priceline and Hotwire.

My family of 5 will be in a OV balcony and interior directly across the hall. I am eager to hear comments on your room location and how you liked deck 6. I am thinking it willbe convenient to Boardwalk. Don't have our room #s in front of me right now, but we are a few doors aft of the aft elevator set.

Thank you for this great live post!

Being aft would be very convenient to Boardwalk. We are near the forward elevators which are a bit less convenient. The elevators on this end don't seem to be used as much, which is nice, but we are also separated by long cabin hallways. My dad and I are fine with popping down to the promenade to traverse the ship, but my mom cannot do the stairs very well. She will be getting her steps in on this cruise.

Love your review so far. Thanks for sharing your great pictures.

Just have a question...what happens when they cancel the Aqua show? Do they add another performance later in the week? Or do you join one of the other two shows? Either way, it's tough as you may have to bump other plans. Hope you get to see it as these shows are supposed to be amazing.

Looking forward to hearing more.

It is rescheduled for the afternoon on Day 3. Not as impressive as a night show, IMO, but oh well. Thankfully I've already seen the show.

We woke up about 7:30 this morning to find ourselves already docked in Nassau. Getting ready time is a bit longer in cramped quarters, so we didn't get headed to breakfast until 8:30 or so. We headed straight to Johnny Rockets for breakfast as we are not huge fans of the Windjammer. The inside was full but there were seats available outside. The sun was out but wasn't too hot, so outside seating was fine.

Service seemed a touch off ... our waiter was OK, but we never had an offer for coffee refills or anything like that. We had our food order taken, coffee dropped off, and food order dropped off and that was it. I remember better service in the past ... perhaps it was because at that time they still ran your card (for $0) and provided opportunity to add gratuity. Sometimes the front podium was manned and sometimes not ... those who ran in and grabbed the seats they wanted without checking in found after some minutes that they were completely ignored by the wait staff.

EDIT: My 10,000th post ... yum. :)

22768425404_2d3a7194f3_z.jpg

The Works at JR by cmong, on Flickr

23028840609_1a5b894e6e_z.jpg

Fried eggs at JR by cmong, on Flickr

23314227371_0388dec80b_z.jpg

Breakfast sandwiches at JR by cmong, on Flickr

Edited by silentbob007

After leaving JR, we headed up to the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11 for second breakfast (evidently we are part-hobbit). Actually we mostly went up for some of the lounge coffee. It was not too crazy so there was actually the chance to talk with people, as well. It's interesting how the signage is still wrong around the ship. The Diamond Lounge is still listed as Wonderland in the physical signs in the stairwell (though there is a physical Diamond Lounge sign outside in the hallway).

I also used the time in the DL to talk with the concierge as my Internet coupon did not show up yesterday when I purchased the package. Within 2 minutes, she had taken $60 off of my bill (so $105-60= $45 for the week for unlimited). This was a little more than some had reported, but feel reasonable. We learned our lesson several cruises ago that if we have issues we need to just go straight to the concierge. You don't have to mess with guest services and the concierge generally knows how to take care of any issue that comes up (and connect with the necessary party directly).

By the way, the VOOM connection is amazing. In addition to being able to post images, I watched Purdue Basketball streaming on ESPN 3 last night on my iPad without issue.

After the DL, we headed down to morning trivia (we won!). We then headed off the ship for a few minutes just to touch ground. They've moved security to right outside the ship (there's a building on the pier) instead of where the shops are, so we inadvertently went past security and had to go through metal detectors to come back. There were lots of bins with discarded apples, bananas, and opened bottles of soda and water. Security was more vigilant than I remember so be aware.

22772143454_106707c24d_z.jpg

Sorrentos by cmong, on Flickr

23318074921_5641884169_z.jpg

Oasis in Nassau by cmong, on Flickr

23374485146_43c921bfd4_z.jpg

Oasis docked in Nassau by cmong, on Flickr

22773465133_587c6ab8cf_z.jpg

Majesty docked in Nassau by cmong, on Flickr

Very nice live review Chris, we're on board Jan 2nd and was thinking of doing the same thing:D.

Can you watch out for the drink cards that others are reporting seeing on other ships. 10 drinks for $75 or 15 drinks for $120. I don't drink enough to warrant a drink package but I think 1 of those cards would be great if Oasis offered them.

Thanks and keep up the great review!!