Car Rental in Port Canaveral

shelnj18

We are on the 12/27 Breakaway cruise. When we dock in Port Canaveral we are planning to rent a car so that we can visit some family while we are there. Any suggestions about rental companies and if they have a shuttle to get us back to the ship? Thanks in advance. Shelly

Edited by shelnj18

Hi, I will be on this same cruise. Years ago my husband and I rented a car in Port Canaveral to drive to his parents house in Orlando. I really don't remember the name of the car rental, but it was right across the street. There was a shuttle from the terminal to the car rental place. They also had a taxi service pick us up at the car rental place and shuttle us pack to the ship, since the agency closed around 6:00 and we brought the car back later then that.

We are on the 12/27 Breakaway cruise. When we dock in Port Canaveral we are planning to rent a car so that we can visit some family while we are there. Any suggestions about rental companies and if they have a shuttle to get us back to the ship? Thanks in advance. Shelly

Avis , Budget and national have offices in Cocoa Beach. The shuttle comes by the port on a regular cycle. Pre reserve car ahead of time . Cars are in short supply when ships are in port . Especially if it isn't a turn around day.

Last year we rented from Dollar. They had a shuttle that picked us up. We missed the drop off shuttle but called a cab to bring us back easily. I think last shuttle back to the ship ran at like 4 p.m., so depending on your port times, you may need a cab back to the ship.

Three weeks ago we got off the Fantasy and got a car from Hertz. So there - you have a recommendation for all the major companies! Pick your poison.

The shuttle was quick and we were out of the rental office within 5 minutes. They are very, very close to the port. But - book in advance!

Two years ago we used Payless Car Rental. They picked us from the port parking and gave us a lift back. Good and friendly service. We rented a small car for getting us to an Orlando park for a few hours.

Edited by FinlandGuy

Two years ago we used Payless Car Rental. They picked us from the port parking and gave us a lift back. Good and friendly service. We rented a small car for getting us to an Orlando park for a few hours.

Just back from the Breakaway and rented a car from Payless in Port Canaveral. The office is a 10-minute walk from Cruise Terminal 1, where the Breakaway docks. Payless will provide a shuttle upon request. Total cost was less than $30 for the day. There's a sign in the Payless office stating that the CDW coverage is mandatory without proof of insurance, but I protested and it was waived. The guy behind the counter could not have been nicer. I'd rent there again.