Royal Newbie- picture question

Hello,

How do you obtain your pictures that the professional photographers onboard take of you? I am used to Carnival, where they print and then display them in their photo gallery and you just physically find the pictures of you that you wish to buy and then pay for them

Some ships, like Oasis and Allure, employ facial recognition software, and you find your photos in a numbered container.

thanks. I thought it would be digital or something by now. I actually like the "physical" method

on Quantum Class you find your photos in digital form with your seapass card. only these photos were developed which you have selected there before and pay.

On Indy the facial recognition was used also. It's hysterical when it recognizes someone else as "you". Be aware pictures with sunglasses etc mAy have to be searched manually then the staff can add to your profile. You have the option to purchase prints or digital.

Edited by jes Scott

• 3 months later...

Is this still true???

...... Want to let you all know about our photo experience. We got a call asking if we'd like an appointment time to take photos prior to formal night. I thought great no wait. We took the pictures and when we tried to view them we were told we had to meet with the guy who took them. That's when I knew this wasn't just photos. I am lucky to get photos once with my group. Finally met up with him and the photos were lovely but get a load of this. Cheapest price was $500 for 5 photos and the big package was $3500. I was speechless. Came home pictureless and very disappointed.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this still true???

The photo opportunity being referred to in the post you quoted was not the standard ship photography, but sounds like the "Picture This" portrait studio service. Basically it's a private session with a photographer and they can take pictures inside the studio or around the ship. I know it's on Oasis-class, and I guess it's on Liberty as well (if not all Freedom-class).

DW and I were strolling around Central Park on Oasis, walked into the Picture This studio, glanced at the prices, and walked right back out. :eek:

The photo opportunity being referred to in the post you quoted was not the standard ship photography, but sounds like the "Picture This" portrait studio service. Basically it's a private session with a photographer and they can take pictures inside the studio or around the ship. I know it's on Oasis-class, and I guess it's on Liberty as well (if not all Freedom-class).

DW and I were strolling around Central Park on Oasis, walked into the Picture This studio, glanced at the prices, and walked right back out. :eek:

I was on the Navigator last September and the concierge setup a private photo session. The prices for the photos started at $550 (5 photos) went up to $2500 (for the disk with all session photos).

I didn't buy any.

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04203.jpg.a3b5d4cd400ef92f0eb1c1c1ebdc7756.jpg

I was on the Navigator last September and the concierge setup a private photo session. The prices for the photos started at $550 (5 photos) went up to $2500 (for the disk with all session photos).

I didn't buy any.

DSC04203.jpg

Sad. We had friends that loved the pics and wanted to buy one or two. The answer was no....buy 5 or buy none at all. Seems crazy to me!