Official Word On Escape - Margaritaville and UDP

CruiseCouple02

It would be nice if they changed the information on the NCL website:

Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea

Quit searchin' for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here in the first-ever Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea. Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who’s to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this complimentary dining venue. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, this isn’t just a restaurant. It’s a state of mind.:rolleyes:

It would be nice if they changed the information on the NCL website:

Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea

Quit searchin' for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here in the first-ever Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea. Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who’s to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this complimentary dining venue. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, this isn’t just a restaurant. It’s a state of mind.:rolleyes:

I agree completely! There is mass confusion at the check in with this. It seems most people had no awareness of the change until they were asked at the check in podium at Margaritaville. Lots of pissed people.

I agree completely! There is mass confusion at the check in with this. It seems most people had no awareness of the change until they were asked at the check in podium at Margaritaville. Lots of pissed people.

Good. They should be upset. What was advertised as free is now an overcharged pay venue. Not what they were told or sold.

I'm on board right now. Yes they are charging as of today BUT UDP gets it free! Now SDP will take a credit but UDP has no charge and can still eat at another place later in the day. Hope this helps :)

Again, thanks for checking this out for us and getting some answers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Harriet

I'm on board right now. Yes they are charging as of today BUT UDP gets it free! Now SDP will take a credit but UDP has no charge and can still eat at another place later in the day. Hope this helps :)

I'm so jealous of you! Have an amazing time and thanks for reporting in.

I think a simple Cover Charge, a la Johnny Rockets on Royal, would have solved their overcrowding problem. But a meal there for one will be $15-20 now, ouch!

Although people on the ship last week complained of long waits and empty tables inside, so it wasn't necessarily that they were busy.

On RCI's newest ship, Anthem of the Seas, Johnny Rockets is a la carte.

I think a simple Cover Charge, a la Johnny Rockets on Royal, would have solved their overcrowding problem. But a meal there for one will be $15-20 now, ouch!

Although people on the ship last week complained of long waits and empty tables inside, so it wasn't necessarily that they were busy.

Agreed. A cover charge would be nice. If you're traveling with children it can get very expensive. My sister with her husband and 4 kids daily service charge only was just south of $600.00.

If they take the kids to Margaritaville a few times that would hurt.

I can't resist posting the following, although I know it's slightly off topic.

Many posters recently have stated that staff on the NCL ships are disenaged/confused/not helpful - whatever words you want to use to describe it.

If NCL is going to manage by trial balloon like this, and change the rules at will and let their employees deal with the fallout, it's no wonder the employees are not feeling particularly motivated.

This affects the passengers. The passengers pay. i get that. But honestly, what a way to manage a staff!

Sorry I must have missed the pdf thread. 6.99 is ridiculous for cheeseburger in paradise I can tell you!

Agreed; Johnny Rockets on the Quantum/Anthem of the Seas also went à la carte (on the other Royal Caribbean ships it's a fixed price of $5,95) and their à la carte pricing is much more reasonable: $2,5 for a burger, $1,5 for sides. That's half of what NCL wants for their Margarittaville fare!

Here's the full menu of Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44626734&postcount=10

cruiserke;48394781']Agreed; Johnny Rockets on the Quantum/Anthem of the Seas also went à la carte (on the other Royal Caribbean ships it's a fixed price of $5' date='95) and their à la carte pricing is much more reasonable: $2,5 for a burger, $1,5 for sides. That's half of what NCL wants for their Margarittaville fare!

Here's the full menu of Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44626734&postcount=10[/quote']

Brilliant move by RCI, I'm sure many will sail them instead of NCL because of the burger prices.:D

Brilliant move by RCI, I'm sure many will sail them instead of NCL because of the burger prices.:D

I pretty much think it's not just the burger prices that people are upset about. It's about this whole roller coaster year since FDR took over and all the things that were purchased included when the cruise was booked to what it is now.

What other line has gone through so many changes in such a short time?

So saying it's about burgers is trivializing it.

I pretty much think it's not just the burger prices that people are upset about. It's about this whole roller coaster year since FDR took over and all the things that were purchased included when the cruise was booked to what it is now.

What other line has gone through so many changes in such a short time?

So saying it's about burgers is trivializing it.

I agree. We are looking for a cruise at the end of May for my birthday. It's between the Escape, Getaway, and Oasis. We're probably going with Oasis. They are all priced in the same ball park. However, once you add the service charge and all the onboard charges and increases from NCL this year it will come out to be more $$ if we went on Getaway or Escape.

I loved my Norwegian cruises in the past, but all the changes and potential changes that could be coming are steering me away from booking with them for fear of "what's next?"