scalloped potatoes

llbz327

s7s, as indicated in Post #13 above, I am requesting a copy of your Delmonico Potatoes recipe if it is a recipe from the old Delmonico's in NYC. Thanks again for your kindness.

I think "Delmonico" potatoes has become one of those names that started as a brand and has become generic over time...same way people say "Kleenex" to mean a tissue. I've seen potato dishes called "delmonico" on countless menus over the years. I'm sure the original restaurant recipe is out there somewhere.

If a recipe sounds good ill make it. I don't really care if it's from a famous restaraunt or not. Seems kinda pretentious.

I agree with this Post 110% - to claim to know if a recipe will produce a good tasting dish by looking at it is IMO beyond "kinda pretentious" ...

Edited by avian777

I think "Delmonico" potatoes has become one of those names that started as a brand and has become generic over time...same way people say "Kleenex" to mean a tissue. I've seen potato dishes called "delmonico" on countless menus over the years. I'm sure the original restaurant recipe is out there somewhere.

I wasn't familiar with the term "Delmonico potatoes". So I went looking :D Oh my -- there are 100s of recipes on the internet claiming to be the original. I even checked an old cookbook that was my grandmother's, and sure enough there is a recipe for Delmonico Potatoes (which sounded far too much like regular scalloped potatoes.....)

I will definitely be trying a couple of the recipes that I found, but not the one in Grandma's recipe book.

edited to add: I agree with your other post, too, that consistency of size of slices/pieces is important.

Edited by CowPrincess

:D :) ,,,,,, And that is why I chose to not post my grandmother's recipe. ;)

Our family and friends always enjoyed those potatoes and I didn't care to have the recipe criticized and

torn apart.

Edited by sail7seas

:D :) ,,,,,, And that is why I chose to not post my grandmother's recipe. ;)

Our family and friends always enjoyed those potatoes and I didn't care to have the recipe criticized and

torn apart.

It's a shame a person has to feel that way but not surprising that you would. I totally get it. It's a shame that posters have nothing better to do. Quite sad.