Cool drone videos of ms Rotterdam

Boytjie

It is bad enough that pilots are having lasers directed into the cockpit and now they (and passengers) now have to worry about drones interfering with commercial flights too? How about that out of control drone that landed in a stadium recently? Consider them in the hands of those intent on doing us harm? I applaud the man who shot one down over his property.

Looking at my previous post this morning I realized I may, by the placement of the emoticon, made it look like I was happy the home owner got charged. My bad. While I don't support or condone his use of a firearm in a residential area I do understand his action against what he felt was an invasion of his privacy and the emoticon really was in support of that. I also second the thought that drone ownership and operation allowed to continue to grow unregulated is going to lead to some planned malicious events or unintended accidents and injuries.

It is bad enough that pilots are having lasers directed into the cockpit and now they (and passengers) now have to worry about drones interfering with commercial flights too? How about that out of control drone that landed in a stadium recently? Consider them in the hands of those intent on doing us harm? I applaud the man who shot one down over his property.

These thoughts were kind of what was behind my wondering how ship's security and senior officers (those responsible for the security and safety of the ship and passengers) felt about drones flying over. A year or so ago there was a lengthy (and sometimes contentious) thread on the RCI board over a video posted of someone flying a drone over the Oasis right after it had exited the channel at Port Everglades. Some raised real concern over safety and security, others basically felt "no harm, no foul, the video was really cool."

Edited by joepeka