Cancelling cruise via X website

bhughey

Has anyone had experience cancelling a cruise via the X website?

Before I go through the process of calling, sitting on hold, etc etc - I thought I would consult all the Celebrity experts here on CC. When I log in, I see the option to cancel, so presumably, it should be easy, right? I will add, that I booked a cruise online during the Black Friday reduced deposit sale and it was seamless. Shocking, I know.

(PS. Please no responses on how - in the future, I should book through a travel agent have have them handle for me.)

That was how I cancelled our Alaskan cruise a few years ago (within the 30 day window). No problem, or issues, any refundable money started rolling into our charge card account the next day or two.

Actually, I think many times the cruise lines like late cancellations, they keep your money and then charge a new customer a whole lot more. Same scam the airlines play.

Has anyone had experience cancelling a cruise via the X website?

Before I go through the process of calling, sitting on hold, etc etc - I thought I would consult all the Celebrity experts here on CC. When I log in, I see the option to cancel, so presumably, it should be easy, right? I will add, that I booked a cruise online during the Black Friday reduced deposit sale and it was seamless. Shocking, I know.

It is quick and easy to cancel online.

No need to bother wasting time calling anyone.

I have done it, and automatically received a full refund of my deposit to my credit card.

(Full refund as long as you cancel by final payment date. After that, the penalty charges kick in.)

We had booked a B2B. One of the cruises had the offer of the OBC to use on board the current cruise (we booked on board), so we took that. I couldn't cancel that one on-line. The other one was easy as we opted to take the OBC on the booked cruise instead of the one we were on. I just called them and all was sorted out. I think it is mostly very easy to cancel on-line.

So I tried to cancel online last night and got some error message that it could not be processed at this time...sigh. The X website and all it's issues strike again. I'll add that the cruise is not until October 2016, so I am well within the cancellation window.

We had booked a B2B. One of the cruises had the offer of the OBC to use on board the current cruise (we booked on board), so we took that. I couldn't cancel that one on-line. The other one was easy as we opted to take the OBC on the booked cruise instead of the one we were on. I just called them and all was sorted out. I think it is mostly very easy to cancel on-line.

In that case the deposit is nonrefundable (if you used the OBC on the cruise where you booked a new one ), correct?

It is quick and easy to cancel online.

No need to bother wasting time calling anyone.

I have done it, and automatically received a full refund of my deposit to my credit card.

(Full refund as long as you cancel by final payment date. After that, the penalty charges kick in.)

Just to flag that customers of Celebrity UK who cancel won't get their deposit refunded, and the same applies in some other countries.

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

It's usually very simple to cancel online. Once you've cancelled, you will still see the booking online but it will reflect the cancellation. You will also receive an email confirming the cancellation.

A word of caution: You need to make sure that the online booking reflects the cancellation. Otherwise, you will need to call and cancel. Previously, we needed to cancel a paid-in-full cruise due to personal reasons not covered by our insurance. We knew that we would lose 50% of what we'd paid, but also knew that cancelling was the best choice for us at the time. I cancelled online and received an email confirming the cancellation. The online reservation, however, never reflected the cancellation. I waited, thinking that the cancellation might just take some time to process. (Plus, I was tied up attending to details related to the situation that led to the cancellation.) Once I got back to it, I found that the reservation still appeared to be active and, now, cancellation would cost us 75% of the cost of the cruise. When I called, the Celebrity representative said gave me the same information that was reflected online. Fortunately, I still had the email and was able to prove that I had cancelled at an earlier date.