Cruise travel agencies that include insurance?

sugarpink

I believe some online cruise agencies include travel insurance if the cruise is more than 7 days. Has anyone seen that?

Does anyone know which agencies include travel insurance?

Thank you!

We have encountered this and as we always purchase our own insurance we do not want the agencies policy. All they ask is an email sent to them that you are declining the insurance.

Edited by Happy2cruise

We have encountered this and as we always purchase our own insurance we do not want the agencies policy. All they ask is an email sent to them that you are declining the insurance.

I would not deal w an agency that has this policy since they are probably rightly assuming that most people would not realize that they are paying for insurance. What these agencies are do is called "opt out". IMHO, the agencies that have "opt out" policies are sleazy.

Now if they have an"opt in" policy that assumes that you do not want it unless you check a "yes" box, that is OK.

DON

I would not deal w an agency that has this policy since they are probably rightly assuming that most people would not realize that they are paying for insurance. What these agencies are do is called "opt out". IMHO, the agencies that have "opt out" policies are sleazy.

Now if they have an"opt in" policy that assumes that you do not want it unless you check a "yes" box, that is OK.

DON

Not to disagree with you Don, but the opt in issue allows a client to go happily on there way, then when disaster strikes , here comes the "we were never offered insurance so the agency is to blame. We're going to sue them for not offering insurance to us".

Not to disagree with you Don, but the opt in issue allows a client to go happily on there way, then when disaster strikes , here comes the "we were never offered insurance so the agency is to blame. We're going to sue them for not offering insurance to us".

If the opt in option is clearly on the form and they do not select it because they did not bother to read the form - I figure that it is the customer's fault. Unfortunately, you can't outlaw or eliminate human stupidity.

DON