Air department, yes?

howndder

Hi, I'm sure this has probably been covered before, but, perhaps someone can help an old man out and answer please.

Does Holland America have anything similar to RCL's "Choice Air"?

Howard in beautiful Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks very much for your responses, but neither of the 2 listed possibilities allows the traveler the option of booking their own air. Not nearly as good as Choice Air. Surprisingly so, given the size of Carnival Corp.

Howard in beautiful and yet raining Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks very much for your responses, but neither of the 2 listed possibilities allows the traveler the option of booking their own air. Not nearly as good as Choice Air. Surprisingly so, given the size of Carnival Corp.

Agree completely. There are actually only 2 things I like about Celebrity, (1)power restroom door so I don't have to touch the door on the way out and (2) Choice Air. I'm not so concerned about booking myself versus having the TA or cruise line do it but the ability to compare and evaluate options myself and the flexibility are both big benefits.

I love the flexibility. Last year I did a round trip to Alaska, up on the Radiance OTS and back on the Statendam. I found it advantageous to do it as a round trip using Choice Air.

I'm booked on the Anthem OTS in August and a TA on Seabourn December 7. I have done a mock booking using Choice Air and found it may be to my advantage to change my Anthem booking to Thanksgiving week so I can use Choice Air to get to Lisbon for Seabourn. To me, nothing comes even close to Choice Air.

Roy

The Holland America website does not describe Flight Ease well. The cruiser does get to choose from available airlines, routes, and prices. Might as well get a quote, I saved hundreds on a Flight Ease flight.

The Holland America website does not describe Flight Ease well. The cruiser does get to choose from available airlines, routes, and prices. Might as well get a quote, I saved hundreds on a Flight Ease flight.

Will the air department talk to you if you have booked with a TA or does everything have to go through the TA? And the only way to find out what is available is to talk to them, nothing to see on screen to pick out like on Princess. At least that's how I interpret the website.