Gluten free at Cucina del Capitano?

wantocruisemore

Excited about trying this for upcoming cruise, but DD requires GF. Does Cucina del Capitano have GF options at their free lunch? I found the lunch menu on a review but it did not list a GF pasta option. Just curious if this will be option for us for embarkation lunch. We never do pay restaurants so only interested in lunch.

Yes the lunchtime menu is smaller than dinner menu but it is free ...... It's a gluten free pasta and then u choose what sauce u want and I think there's a chicken /Alfredo option as well ......it's all very good!

Ah, individual tastes are so subjective. My take on the Magic's Cucina was that the appetizers were better than the entree.

I had a tomato based sauce on my pasta dish/chicken parm which was very sweet and had a ketchuppy consistency. The chicken was like a piece of cardboard. I commented at the time that if the Cucina opened as a restaurant in New York City it wouldn't last very long.

Of course, I'm Italian, born and raised in the Bronx, so I'm a bit particular when it comes to Italian cuisine. I have memories of my Grandmother making her own pasta and pizza dough from scratch. I'll just stick to paying for a great meal in the Steakhouses.

Ah, individual tastes are so subjective. My take on the Magic's Cucina was that the appetizers were better than the entree.

I had a tomato based sauce on my pasta dish/chicken parm which was very sweet and had a ketchuppy consistency. The chicken was like a piece of cardboard. I commented at the time that if the Cucina opened as a restaurant in New York City it wouldn't last very long.

Of course, I'm Italian, born and raised in the Bronx, so I'm a bit particular when it comes to Italian cuisine. I have memories of my Grandmother making her own pasta and pizza dough from scratch. I'll just stick to paying for a great meal in the Steakhouses.

It wasn't an opinion or review the OP was looking for. Just a question about whether there was a gluten free option.

I am italian sicilian grandparents from Italy....I know what italian suppose to taste like, on the Dream three years ago we have to say for a cruise ship it was very very good, one of the reasons why we chose the Magic for April as they have her also on that ship. The lasagna wasn't that good but we found everything else was made to order and it was very good.