San pedro to lax

SPIDER13685

Good afternoon Cruisers,

We need to get from the NCL ship to LAX to make a 10 AM Southwest flight on 12.27.15. Does anyone know what time we can walk off the ship or have any info on reliable shuttles? We don’t fly out of LAX very often, and I am concerned about making this 10 am flight. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

You are rightly concerned- 10am is too early, as we commonly discuss here. I would be looking more at noon or later. Traffic can be horrible, immigration and customs can slow you down...just too many variables to make that flight.

Shuttles are mentioned and recommended here all the time. But not for 10am flights.

Also check into Uber. There's no issue with them dropping off passengers at LAX. You're guaranteed a personal and nonstop ride to LAX.

Even though Dec 27 is a Sunday, it's the Sunday after Christmas. Traffic can get weekday-bad....people going shopping for bargains and exchanging gifts, combined with travelers driving in and out of town and the airports. The Sunday after last Xmas (2014), it took me almost an hour to get from Sepulveda to T4 to pick someone up...that's about 1 mile! Traffic on the terminal loop was gridlocked on both levels.

Edited by kenish

I'm glad you decided to change your flight. Consider a private shuttle vehicle -- Execucar, Karmel, Lotus, On-Time. Keep their dispatch number handy and when your driver calls you (that's why I don't recommend PT), tell them how close you are to getting off the ship. Your driver can circle around the World Cruise Center if disembarkation starts late so if it is, you can call when you're about to collect your luggage (it helps to describe your coats).

I too am glad that you will change your flight. Aim for something around Noon.

Execucar is not a shuttle company. It is a subsidiary of super shuttle. I like them and they offer private car/suv service. Their web site is http://www.execucar.com

I've used them often and like them.

For shuttles I prefer super shuttle and their web site is http://www.supershuttle.com

Keith

• 1 month later...
I'm glad you decided to change your flight. Consider a private shuttle vehicle -- Execucar' date=' Karmel, Lotus, On-Time. Keep their dispatch number handy and when your driver calls you (that's why I don't recommend PT), tell them how close you are to getting off the ship. Your driver can circle around the World Cruise Center if disembarkation starts late so if it is, you can call when you're about to collect your luggage (it helps to describe your coats).[/quote']

Have you used Lotus? I can't find many reviews of them.

Thanks.

I too am glad that you will change your flight. Aim for something around Noon.

Execucar is not a shuttle company. It is a subsidiary of super shuttle. I like them and they offer private car/suv service. Their web site is http://www.execucar.com

I've used them often and like them.

For shuttles I prefer super shuttle and their web site is http://www.supershuttle.com

Keith

Keith…based on your recommendation from a previous post we tried Execucar for a Pacific Coastal cruise in Oct. We were very impressed with the service from Execucar. Even though our flight arrived 30 minutes early our driver was waiting in Baggage Claim with our name on a sign and a luggage cart. He was courteous and took our luggage to the garage where the car was waiting. He was a skilled driver. We gave him a generous well deserved tip.

We are doing a Mexico cruise out of LA next month and will use Execucar again both coming and going.

Judith

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious why all the options discussed are anything but the shuttles you can book through the cruise lines. My first assumption is these are slow because you have to wait for them to fill up? I'm trying to decide how to get to and from San Pedro. I think getting there will be easy any route we choose, but I've never been to this port and wonder how easy it is connecting with shuttle services and drivers when you're not sure they'll allow you off the ship.

Because cruise ship shuttles are 72 pax behemoths that cannot take any shortcut thru the LAX horseshoe. The flat taxi rate Long Beach to LAX is $68. San Pedro will be comparable.

To Port---Taxi runs $75, shared shuttle $17/pp with a tour of LA, Execucar black car service is $55

You can grab a shuttle or cab at port. The shuttles will try to have pax going to the same terminal.

If you use a service such as execucar or even uber if you ask them to stop at a target/grocery store on way to port will they? We want to get our own sodas to take onboard. I see there is a Target very near the port and not off the beaten path, would this be an option with anything other than a shared van service?