Child Friendly Excursions on Mexican Riviera Cruise

petlover

We will be going on 7 day Princess Cruise over Thanksgiving 2016 with 3 generations. I'm concerned about doing fun activities with the kids ages (at time of cruise) 10,8,6 and 4. They are all healthy, high energy.

Our ports include Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. We are adventurous and not limited to Princess sponsored tours only. They are all good swimmers though weather in November could be iffy. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you.

Not cheap, but a great excursion in P. Vallarta - Las Caletas. An all in beach escape for all ages.

Or do you own, take cab to Playa Los Muertos and spend the day at one of the restaurants right on the beach.

Edited by Ine

The four year be will be too young for some but in each port they have swimming with dolphins, zip lining and boat tours with snorkelling. For the more adventurous options, they usually allow people to observe them (like grandma if she doesn't want to zip line). Puerto Vallarta has a pirate themed boat tour that gets great reviews from families, but I haven't tried it yet. We are taking ours to the beach in Cabo and Mazatlan. Then we are doing a Dunn buggy tour in Puerto Vallarta. (You will get muddy). There is also horse back riding too.

Tons of options. I research by googling tours and the place name and then come here for recommendations for tour operators that do that type of tour. Happy planning!

our kids were 7 but we just did:

PV: dolphins

Mazatlan: horseback riding

Cabo: camel ride.

my daughter did dolphins the first time when she was 2.5 yrs old. She just petted and kissed and my husband and I took turns holding while the other did the more adventurous stuff. By age 6 she did the royal swim with great results (better than a few adults in our group!). I'd think all your kids could do the horses and camels with no problem although our camel ride was one of the more expensive excursion options at $125/109pp so times 6 would be pricey but everyone's budget is different of course :-)

I would love to do the Pirate ship in PV but unfortunately our Princess Cruise doesn't dock until 10:00am and according to the Pirate ship website, the day trip leaves at 10:00am. Do you think the company will adjust the time having the ship in port? I'm hoping that this excursion may be offered through Princess....any one been on a Princess ship in PV know if this excursion will be offered?

Thanks!

When I first explored the pirate ship excursion, it was offered at times that didnt agree with our stay in PV. Closer to the cruise, Carnival offered the excursion at a different time than what was on the pirate ship's website. :)

Our ports include Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. We are adventurous and not limited to Princess sponsored tours only. They are all good swimmers though weather in November could be iffy. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you.

Weather in November is still warm in all three ports, in fact, it was still warmer and more humid than usual in Cabo when I arrived November 30. This week it cooled considerably and the locals are all posting that it's freezing. I'm sure the water has cooled as I don't see as many fishing flags.