Regal Princess – 12/6/15 – 12/13/15 (Owner's Suite, AIBP, Ship, Culinary)

WISH84

Staff. Both my wife and I work for theCollege of Business at Iowa State. Me in the Dean's Office and my wife in the Supply Chain & Information Department.

We love it!!

Ahhhh... the academic life! I, too, am affiliated in a teachng capacity. Campus life can be very, very fun!

Thanks for the reply. The wrap around balcony was one of the selling points for DW and me. Also, our friends have the opposite Owners Suite on the same deck (Baja) so we can choose which side to hang out on based on the best views.

I think at the end of the day we'll stick with these suites.

If you're attracted by these huge balconies, I can't imagine how you would be happy with the very small balconies of a Penthouse Suite. We were on Regal last March in an Owners Suite on Dolphin and loved it. We've booked the same suite again for our next trip on Regal. The only thing I would suggest is this. There is a large variation in the size of the balconies for these aft suites and the amount of cover. The largest balconies are on Dolphin and then Baja. Google Regal Princess aft pictures.

If you're attracted by these huge balconies, I can't imagine how you would be happy with the very small balconies of a Penthouse Suite. We were on Regal last March in an Owners Suite on Dolphin and loved it. We've booked the same suite again for our next trip on Regal. The only thing I would suggest is this. There is a large variation in the size of the balconies for these aft suites and the amount of cover. The largest balconies are on Dolphin and then Baja. Google Regal Princess aft pictures.

That was a very nice benefit of our Baja suite there was a large overhang providing lots of shelter if we wanted it. But just move the chairs out a little and you have direct sunlight.

That was a very nice benefit of our Baja suite there was a large overhang providing lots of shelter if we wanted it. But just move the chairs out a little and you have direct sunlight.

We would only book an Owners Suite on Baja or Dolphin to take advantage of the shelter and the size of the balconies. We would never book a Penthouse Suite on Regal/Royal because of the very small balconies.

Alfredo's has no dress code. Cruise casual is accepted although at night most people were dressed no less than Smart Casual.

This is the biggest misuse of terms. What is Cruise Casual, Smart Casual and Elegant Casual?

On formal night we saw short sleeve shirts without a jacket. So, what is that called? LOL

This is the biggest misuse of terms. What is Cruise Casual, Smart Casual and Elegant Casual?

On formal night we saw short sleeve shirts without a jacket. So, what is that called? LOL

Were they wearing shorts? Cruise Casual

Were they wearing slacks? Smart Casual (although in my opinion they should be wearing long sleeve shirts)

Elegant Casual? No idea.

Were they wearing shorts? Cruise Casual

Were they wearing slacks? Smart Casual (although in my opinion they should be wearing long sleeve shirts)

Elegant Casual? No idea.

Elegant Casual is listed on the MTP Lunch or Cocktail Party invitation.

Elegant Casual is listed on the MTP Lunch or Cocktail Party invitation.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the line of a suit but no tie. But since we don't attend either of those events, I wouldn't have "first had experience" with it.

I didn't like the small balconies on the ship. I like the design of the other Princess ships that give you larger balconies. We we had a deluxe balcony cabin, daughter had a balcony cabin next door. I got a small sofa and about 2 extra feet, she got more drawers and shelves. I have a mini suite next time, I'll be thrilled to have the full size bath again but the balcony is still small. What were they thinking??

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering again...Read your review all the way through and it was fabulous. My DH and I were on the Regal last March and loved the 4? piece Randy Heddon? quartet in the Wheelhouse Bar? Sax, piano, electric guitar, drummer, singers, older gentlemen who had a packed lounge every night. I had asked about this in an earlier thread, but couldn't find any information in the review. This group was so outstanding (IMHO) that we would like to go on the Regal again especially if they were still there. So if anyone has any information about the group that would be great. (We did contact Princess, but haven't heard any specifics.)

Just wondering again...Read your review all the way through and it was fabulous. My DH and I were on the Regal last March and loved the 4? piece Randy Heddon? quartet in the Wheelhouse Bar? Sax, piano, electric guitar, drummer, singers, older gentlemen who had a packed lounge every night. I had asked about this in an earlier thread, but couldn't find any information in the review. This group was so outstanding (IMHO) that we would like to go on the Regal again especially if they were still there. So if anyone has any information about the group that would be great. (We did contact Princess, but haven't heard any specifics.)

I just looked through all of our patters. Our Quartet was: Polonia String Quartet. We listened to them on several nights (not enough to take notice of who they were which is why I had to look through the Patters) but I do remember they were very good.

Is it possible to buy one AIBP pkg and share it between two people?

Without question.

When we cruise with our son and daughter, before we leave our hotel on embarkation day, we put them both in a steamer trunk with a box of granola bars and a few bottles of water. They're delivered right to the room and we save a bundle. Win/win.

Edited by rbsmithpaige

Without question.

When we cruise with our son and daughter, before we leave our hotel on embarkation day, we put them both in a steamer trunk with a box of granola bars and a few bottles of water. They're delivered right to the room and we save a bundle. Win/win.

???? I don't understand this response...

No, you cannot share the AIBP. As mentioned below, if caught, the AIBP will be taken away without refund.

Is it possible to buy one AIBP pkg and share it between two people?

Plus, there is no reason to make an end run around their system. It states very, very clearly in the conditions of the package that sharing is not allowed.

I hope that people are not doing this... As Princess is one of the few lines that will allow one person in the room to have the AIBP and the others assigned to that stateroom do not. This works for us, as my DH drinks and I do not. It would be a total waste for me. I am happy with a coffee card or two! :)

plus, there is no reason to make an end run around their system. It states very, very clearly in the conditions of the package that sharing is not allowed.

I hope that people are not doing this... As princess is one of the few lines that will allow one person in the room to have the aibp and the others assigned to that stateroom do not. This works for us, as my dh drinks and i do not. It would be a total waste for me. I am happy with a coffee card or two! :)

"like"

Thanks, Jeff!

Are you ready for the upcoming semester????

Sure am. Although my favorite time at the University is the start of the school year and summer graduation. So much changes in that short period of time.

The name of the group playing this week was "acoustics". Female singer with three young man playing back up.

The name of the group playing this week was "acoustics". Female singer with three young man playing back up.

Welcome back! Will you be doing a review?

I have to ask..

1). Did you enjoy the suite? Would you book it again?

2). Was Luidmyla your Concierge? What did you think of the Concierge service?

We cancelled the suite for next year and have decided to book a Deluxe Aft Balcony. Even with having to pay for the AIBP for two weeks, by

moving from the Owners Suite to the DAB, we are able to sail for two weeks for only $400 more than what the suite cost for one week.

We were on this cruise also. Alfredo's was fabulous! We are still amazed at how calm the seas were the entire week!

We were in a mini-suite on the Riviera Deck. Room was great, balcony was very small, but we made the most of it.

Edited by jovisoul

Welcome back! Will you be doing a review?

I have to ask..

1). Did you enjoy the suite? Would you book it again?

2). Was Luidmyla your Concierge? What did you think of the Concierge service?

We cancelled the suite for next year and have decided to book a Deluxe Aft Balcony. Even with having to pay for the AIBP for two weeks, by

moving from the Owners Suite to the DAB, we are able to sail for two weeks for only $400 more than what the suite cost for one week.

We were on Regal in an owners suite last March. We've booked the same suite for March 2017. We would not book a cruise on regal/royal in any other suite.