Just back from VOS 9/23/05 9 day Carib Cruise!!

do you know if there was a murder mystery dinner in Portofino's? DH and I have been looking around and can't find any info..

we sail 11/4/05 can't wait!

Glad you had a great time!

That was the first night of the cruise. Was also on the Voyager last year (9/24) and have to say that the menu improved since last year. Lunch menu last year was the same each day, this time it was different most days. The dinner menu was better this time around. No problem getting three lobster tails Friday night. Don't know about the Windjammer, never entered the place for the entire cruise. Great time. Great Entertainment. New ice show debut this cruise, it was fantastic.

Ron

I saw a sign posted in the elevator for the Mystery at Portofinos so I guess your answer is yes. I didn't pay much attention so I have no other info. Sorry.

They were eagerly trying to get people to sign up for it on my cruise a month ago, but it was $49pp which I thought was kind of expensive. I wouldn't mind paying extra for Portofino's, but that is a little too high for me.

We'll be on this ship next month to Bermuda. One of our party has trouble with too much walking/standing. Can you explain the check-in/boarding process in Bayonne, and do you board the ship from the dock level (vs long inclined gangplank?). Thanks...

We'll be on this ship next month to Bermuda. One of our party has trouble with too much walking/standing. Can you explain the check-in/boarding process in Bayonne, and do you board the ship from the dock level (vs long inclined gangplank?). Thanks...

When you get to the terminal, ask for wheelchair assistance getting on board. They will supply a wheelchair for waiting on line and to get directly on the ship. DH sometimes needs this depending on how well he is doing at the time - they are very accommodating.

And in one word the cruise was........

EXCELLENT!

The only bad thing about the cruise is that it ended today.

Anyone who had a complaint does not know how to have a good time!

And please minor complaints do not count.

I whole heartedly agree! This was our first cruise and we loved it. The staff was great, the shows were great, the weather was great. What more could anyone ask for?

We were a bit apprehensive as DH gets sea sick, and we were told that sailing out of a northern port the water is a little rougher. It was rough the first day. The pools were like wave pools! They were fun, if you don't get sick, he made it through most of the day but he did get sick at dinner time, (Along with many others) Our waitress gave me a plate of cut fruit (apples are supposed to help) and crackers to take to him, and I stopped at the Guest Relations desk for Bonine. The Bonine did the trick and he was much better within 20 minutes of taking it. The rest of the trip was wonderful, no seasickness at all!

El Gaucho was the BEST! Not many saw the show. We almost didn't go, the billing was "El Gaucho, the south american cowboy" Didn't seem so appealing. SOOOOO GLAD we went. He was a RIOT! If he is appearing on your ship GO SEE THE SHOW!

The new Ice show was amazing. To think that they put that kind of show on, on a small rink ON A MOVING SHIP (and it was moving Saturday) is unbelievable Don't miss it.

Allan Brooks the CD was very funny. Very quick witted. We will remember many of his funny comments made during the events he hosted.

We had a group of very inconsiderate people in a couple of rooms across the hall from us. They were up at 6:00 every morning knocking on each others doors and talking at the top of their lungs. I just don't get it.

There was a little problem was getting off the ship. Which I was prepared for. Our problem was that upwards of 30 non-US citizens did not report to the dining room to go through Customs. No one can leave the ship until the ship clears customs and it can't clear until the non-citizens clear. I heard from many people, who have had this problem on many different cruise lines. After repeated annoucements, calling room numbers and/or names of the missing, they finally got them all and we were able to begin disembarking almost 1 1/2 hours late. Wouldn't you know, one of the room numbers they called was one of the room numbers of our rude neighbors! I knew I should have "taken them out" earlier in the week lol!

We are hooked now and can't wait to cruise again :D

And in one word the cruise was........

EXCELLENT!

The only bad thing about the cruise is that it ended today.

Anyone who had a complaint does not know how to have a good time!

And please minor complaints do not count.

I whole heartedly agree! This was our first cruise and we loved it. The staff was great, the shows were great, the weather was great. What more could anyone ask for?

We were a bit apprehensive as DH gets sea sick, and we were told that sailing out of a northern port the water is a little rougher. It was rough the first day. The pools were like wave pools! They were fun, if you don't get sick, he made it through most of the day but he did get sick at dinner time, (Along with many others) Our waitress gave me a plate of cut fruit (apples are supposed to help) and crackers to take to him, and I stopped at the Guest Relations desk for Bonine. The Bonine did the trick and he was much better within 20 minutes of taking it. The rest of the trip was wonderful, no seasickness at all!

El Gaucho was the BEST! Not many saw the show. We almost didn't go, the billing was "El Gaucho, the south american cowboy" Didn't seem so appealing. SOOOOO GLAD we went. He was a RIOT! If he is appearing on your ship GO SEE THE SHOW!

The new Ice show was amazing. To think that they put that kind of show on, on a small rink ON A MOVING SHIP (and it was moving Saturday) is unbelievable Don't miss it.

Allan Brooks the CD was very funny. Very quick witted. We will remember many of his funny comments made during the events he hosted.

We had a group of very inconsiderate people in a couple of rooms across the hall from us. They were up at 6:00 every morning knocking on each others doors and talking at the top of their lungs. I just don't get it.

There was a little problem was getting off the ship. Which I was prepared for. Our problem was that upwards of 30 non-US citizens did not report to the dining room to go through Customs. No one can leave the ship until the ship clears customs and it can't clear until the non-citizens clear. I heard from many people, who have had this problem on many different cruise lines. After repeated annoucements, calling room numbers and/or names of the missing, they finally got them all and we were able to begin disembarking almost 1 1/2 hours late. Wouldn't you know, one of the room numbers they called was one of the room numbers of our rude neighbors! I knew I should have "taken them out" earlier in the week lol!

We are hooked now and can't wait to cruise again :D

We were also on the VOS last week and had a great time, we were scheduled to be on the rhapsody but changed the wednesday before the cruise because of RITA:( , had to scramble to get air from san diego to newark but continental was very accomodating and only charged us $100 a ticket for the changes even though the fare was about $600 more:eek: . We loved the ports and the weather was great. Not too many kids, i would guess maybe 100 to 150 and we had 2 of them.:o All in all the best cruise we've taken, we loved the 9 nights, not to short, not too long. :rolleyes:

We had a great time and so did my father and his wife. I wouldn't say this was our best cruise. It reaffirmed that I prefer Celebrity to RC but it was certainly a very good cruise. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't outstanding. There were plenty of options and certainly no need to go hungry! Service in the dining room was great for us. The bar staff were great. Our stateroom steward was decent but nothing special. THere were things on the ship that need repair (elevator buttons, our verandah door, etc). Nothing major though and certainly nothing that would affect how much we enjoyed ourselves! I did think that the lines trying to depart the ship on a tender in labadee were ridiculous. No problems though in any other port. For disembarkation I think that was the longest it took us to get off a ship on any cruise. Although it seemed like getting in later than we were suppose to and the fact that they kept calling non-US citizens to go see the onboard immigration folks seemed to be the issues there (as was mentioned earlier). Freeport is a waste of time IMO but no big deal....a good time to stay on the ship. The usual rude people at the elevators every so often but...such is life...I've seen that on every cruise and cruiseline we've been on just sort of one of those things you start to expect.

Again the negatives were VERY minor and mostly things we just noticed in comparison to some of our other cruises. Bottom line though is these were all minor things and we still had a blast! How can you not have a good time on a vacation, let alone a 9 day cruise?! :)

That was the first night of the cruise. Was also on the Voyager last year (9/24) and have to say that the menu improved since last year. Lunch menu last year was the same each day, this time it was different most days. Ron

Ron- do you remember any of the lunch selections?

Glad you had a good cruise! I can't wait for our 9 day out of Bayonne on Explorer next year....

Cheers,

Archived