Excursions at St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau (NCL Escape)

T400PSY

We're sailing on the Escape in a few days time, however I haven't booked any excursions as I've read that it's more expensive to booked through NCL and was going to wait until we get to the ports.

Any suggestions of good and reputable companies I can book excursions with once at the ports of St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau? Thanks in advance

We're sailing on the Escape in a few days time, however I haven't booked any excursions as I've read that it's more expensive to booked through NCL and was going to wait until we get to the ports.

Any suggestions of good and reputable companies I can book excursions with once at the ports of St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau? Thanks in advance

I booked through NCL.

In St. Thomas I booked a 5 hour tour that includes Megans Bay, Blackbeard Castle and Shopping. I noticed the price wasn't that different from viator.

In Tortola I booked Radical Rides Adventure - 3 hour pilot your own mini boat and snorkeling. Reviews look great!

In Nassau I'm debating just staying on the boat. My friend just came back from Atlantis and said it has just gone totally downhill and the $177 for 1/2 day at water park is not worth it - it is the same price as full day.

Another option I'm considering for Nassau is Breezes resort for a day http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm as I heard their beach is quite nice and day pass includes drinks.

The Ports of Call portion of the board will have tons of options and review.

We're going to make this an easy trip. St. Thomas we will. l just taxi to a beach, likely Magen's or Coki. If we choose Coki we will head back to the port area early in the afternoon. I've seen St. Thomas traffic on big ship days and it can be a mess. In Tortola I think we will do The Baths through NCL. The savings isn't that substantial compared to doing it independently and there's the peace of mind that you won't get left behind if things were to go awry. Nassau will be a stay on the ship day. Nothing too terribly exciting to see there and the cost of a resort day pass just doesn't seem appealing.

This is definitely not a cruise for exciting ports :cool:

You haven't much time now, but definately do not wait until you get off the ship in each port to look for excursions. Do a little research on what types of excursions are available in each port. See what interests you, and then research options for each. If it's a beach, why book an expensive ship tour. You can probably taxi just as easily and for a third the money. There are reasons why a ship's tour may be best for some things, like the Baths, but you won't know that if you don't research. Look at the Tortola Board, St Thomas Board, Trip Advisor and just 'google'.

• 6 months later...
I booked through NCL.

In St. Thomas I booked a 5 hour tour that includes Megans Bay, Blackbeard Castle and Shopping. I noticed the price wasn't that different from viator.

In Tortola I booked Radical Rides Adventure - 3 hour pilot your own mini boat and snorkeling. Reviews look great!

In Nassau I'm debating just staying on the boat. My friend just came back from Atlantis and said it has just gone totally downhill and the $177 for 1/2 day at water park is not worth it - it is the same price as full day.

Another option I'm considering for Nassau is Breezes resort for a day http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm as I heard their beach is quite nice and day pass includes drinks.

How was Radical Rides Adventure?

if you like the beach, all three ports you can grab a taxi and just go to the beaches. They are beautiful. I did Magens beach, Cane garden bay, and in nassau i did cabbage beach which is just down from atlantis. That was my favorite of the the three ports but that is because i love some waves. The other two beaches were calm water. Taxis in tortola and st thomas were $8 each way per person and magens beach was $5 to get in. Nassau was $4 taxi each way and free beach.

I would recommend the NCL Tortola excursion. The ferry boat is just steps down the dock and I had no worries of a late return and being left. I am glad we booked with NCL.

ST THOMAS we used a taxi to the beach and after returning for showers and lunch we walked over to Sky ride. Tickets purchased onboard are cheaper than buying on attraction.

Nassau did our own walking tour, no NCL or 3rd party.

We too are going to Breezes in Nassau. It's our understanding you can just purchase the day passes at their front desk. No need to deal with the booking company. If anybody hears contrary to this please post about it!!

In St. Thomas going to try a cab to a smaller type beach bar. Haven't figured out anything for Tortola yet, the radical rides place looks cool.

I'm J.R., girlfriend is Melanie, hope to see you on board.