Victory vs Fantasy vs enchantment of the seas

danielle2934

I just got back from cruising on the victory. I loved it! I'm trying to plan another trip but have to work around my mom's schedule. She works at a school, so I'm limited to certain days. I've been on the carnival paradise also and had a wonderful time. The ships available on the days I need are the victory, that I wouldn't mind traveling on again, the fantasy, and royal caribbean enchantment of the seas. I had such a good time on carnivals ships that I'm scared to try RC. I would like to try a new ship but at the same time I'd be fine with the Victory again.

I still have 10 months to decide and research more, just want to hear more opinions

Enchantment of the Seas was built in 1997 and refurbished in 2012. It is not a good representation of the RCCL of today. I would suggest you try any of these RCCL ships when you can:

Allure of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Quentin of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

a close competitor to RCCL and also better than any existing Carnival ship are the newer NCL ships:

Escape

Getaway

Breakaway

Epic

In the meantime, stick with Carnival until you can try any of the above RCCL or NCL ships which are actually drastically better than any existing Carnival ship - even the newest ones! When you try these RCCL or NCL ships, you will be amazed at how great they are. I still like Carnival, too, btw! But these RCCL and NCL ships are definitely a step up.

Generally, we find that we are most satisfied sailing on ships that are newer - usually less than 10 years old. The newer ships have the most innovations and some really amazing things onboard. The cruise lines also tend to put their best crew on the newer ships and we generally find the newer ships to be a more satisfying experience overall.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Enchantment of the Seas was built in 1997 and refurbished in 2012. It is not a good representation of the RCCL of today. I would suggest you try any of these RCCL ships when you can:

Allure of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Quentin of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

a close competitor to RCCL and also better than any existing Carnival ship are the newer NCL ships:

Escape

Getaway

Breakaway

Epic

In the meantime, stick with Carnival until you can try any of the above RCCL or NCL ships which are actually drastically better than any existing Carnival ship - even the newest ones! When you try these RCCL or NCL ships, you will be amazed at how great they are. I still like Carnival, too, btw! But these RCCL and NCL ships are definitely a step up.

Generally, we find that we are most satisfied sailing on ships that are newer - usually less than 10 years old. The newer ships have the most innovations and some really amazing things onboard. The cruise lines also tend to put their best crew on the newer ships and we generally find the newer ships to be a more satisfying experience overall.

Very good info! Thank you!

I just got back from cruising on the victory. I loved it! I'm trying to plan another trip but have to work around my mom's schedule. She works at a school, so I'm limited to certain days. I've been on the carnival paradise also and had a wonderful time. The ships available on the days I need are the victory, that I wouldn't mind traveling on again, the fantasy, and royal caribbean enchantment of the seas. I had such a good time on carnivals ships that I'm scared to try RC. I would like to try a new ship but at the same time I'd be fine with the Victory again.

I still have 10 months to decide and research more, just want to hear more opinions

RCI Vision Class ships are much more sedate than Carnival ships, or even RCI's newer ships. The Enchantment is a really nice ship and a great cruise experience,. She's much prettier than the gaudy Carnival decor, but you'll find she lacks the fun factor of Carnival.

If you're looking to go and have a nice time, go with Enchantment. If you're looking to let your hair down, you should probably stick with Victory.

We were on the Enchantment last year. Very good cruise.

Nice Solarium with Park Cafe. Good entertainment.

What are the itineraries of the ships you are considering?

Both carnival ships leave Miami and go to key west and cozumel. The enchantment of the seas leaves Miami and goes to key west, coco cay, and Nassau.

I've been to Nassau and cozumel before.

RCI Vision Class ships are much more sedate than Carnival ships, or even RCI's newer ships. The Enchantment is a really nice ship and a great cruise experience,. She's much prettier than the gaudy Carnival decor, but you'll find she lacks the fun factor of Carnival.

If you're looking to go and have a nice time, go with Enchantment. If you're looking to let your hair down, you should probably stick with Victory.

I have two kids, 4 and 2. So during the day our fun is whatever makes them happy. At night is when we have our couple hours of fun. None of us are big drinkers. We like to have a few drinks together but not to get drunk and obnoxious.

I have two kids, 4 and 2. So during the day our fun is whatever makes them happy. At night is when we have our couple hours of fun. None of us are big drinkers. We like to have a few drinks together but not to get drunk and obnoxious.

Heck, in that case, I would pick Enchantment. If the kids were teens, they might prefer Victory but with the kids that young, it doesn't matter. Enjoy your cruise, whichever you pick.