Just off Liberty of the Seas

sorry for this dumb question, but this is our first cruise ever..

can we check-in bottled water crates (in our suitcase?) like a pack of 24 bottle ... we are boarding locally from Houston.. and don't have to worry about any luggage restrictions on airline.

is this allowed ?

We have been just fine with drinking the water on Royal's ships. Don't be afraid that it will taste bad and yes they sell bottled water at the bars with 18 percent tip added automatically.

Yes, tap water is available for no extra charge at all restaurants and bars.

And also from your bathroom faucet - it's the same as what you'll get from restaurants & bars! We always ask our cabin steward to keep an ice bucket with ice in our frig because it seems to be rather troublesome to find ice when we want it to refill our wide-top refillable water bottles throughout the day on the ship.

We have been just fine with drinking the water on Royal's ships. Don't be afraid that it will taste bad and yes they sell bottled water at the bars with 18 percent tip added automatically.

And also from your bathroom faucet - it's the same as what you'll get from restaurants & bars! We always ask our cabin steward to keep an ice bucket with ice in our frig because it seems to be rather troublesome to find ice when we want it to refill our wide-top refillable water bottles throughout the day on the ship.

thank you for the tips!... really helpful!

might be easier for you instead of emailing many people. Here's how to do it.

save them to a website like photobucket, flickr, etc. then click the 'insert image' button at top while you type a message that looks like this

CC-PICTURE_zpsfy4hymty.png

then go to the place where you saved and copy the img url

image url should start with http:// and end with jpg or png or whatever image file it is. click paste in the box.

You can do 6 images per post. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much.

Trish

Edited by TnTWalter

You mentioned reading several negative reviews about this ship and I assume those were in the review section of the CC website. I'd like to recommend that you post your review there as well since this will soon be lost on the heavily posted RCI forum. I enjoyed your review and am looking forward to sailing tomorrow on the Liberty OTS!

You mentioned reading several negative reviews about this ship and I assume those were in the review section of the CC website. I'd like to recommend that you post your review there as well since this will soon be lost on the heavily posted RCI forum. I enjoyed your review and am looking forward to sailing tomorrow on the Liberty OTS!

Enjoy the cruise on Liberty!

Beautiful weather in Galveston today and tomorrow.

Merry Christmas

image.jpg.56b1911a95d7f7289cc2738f4f58d338.jpg

Edited by ssb

might be easier for you instead of emailing many people. Here's how to do it.

save them to a website like photobucket, flickr, etc. then click the 'insert image' button at top while you type a message that looks like this

CC-PICTURE_zpsfy4hymty.png

then go to the place where you saved and copy the img url

image url should start with http:// and end with jpg or png or whatever image file it is. click paste in the box.

You can do 6 images per post. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much.

Trish

Thanks for trying to help, but I created an account for photobucket and flickr and neither one allowed a PDF to be uploaded. I'll keep trying :)

Another commenter said that the same promotion was offered on Day 2 of their cruise! As for your question, I have no clue on whether or not it could cross over on a B2B, sorry!

I doubt that they can be carried over. The purchase of the card is entered in the computer. Then each drink is entered as you use the card. Since all accounts are closed out at the end of each cruise, the purchase wouldn't show up on the second cruise.

Good information -- thanks! I was imagining a coupon book with ten tear-out coupons.

I plan to have two grandkids do the cupcake class in May. Kind of expensive but I just bought everything needed to make some Christmas cupcakes and spent that much in cake mix, frosting, decorations, tips, decorating bags, of course I will get a dozen out of that but kind of put it in perspective for me.

I doubt the kids will even eat them but the fun is making a memory.

If you want to do something similar right now, here's an idea: I just purchased a gingerbread man kit at Target; it was in the deli section just where you walk in.

For $6 it contains 8 medium-sized gingerbread men (already baked), 2 small tubes of icing (no tips needed), and a good quantity of sprinkles. We may add some sprinkles we already own just for variety, but I thought this was a great activity for kids -- and very reasonably priced. I bought two kits, and it's going to be a cousins-activity at the family Christmas Eve party.

If you plan to walk off with your luggage, do you have to go to Guest Services and get a scheduled time (like we did on the Navigator)? Or how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

First, it works GREAT.

Now, details: It's called self-disembarkation, and if you make this choice you're supposed to leave first. In reality, you can walk off any time you please. The only reason they have times for everyone else is so you'll exit the ship at approximately the same time as your luggage ... and so they won't have everyone trying to go through Customs at the same time. If you're toting your own luggage, this is not a problem.

The only negative: This option is becoming more and more popular, and this means that people are trying to crunch into the elevator with large suitcases. The hallways, elevators and -- to a lesser degree -- the stairwells are packed on the last morning. Regardless of how they're disembarking the ship, no one seems to enjoy the last morning -- everyone's vacation good will is gone.

You must be able to carry ALL your luggage on your own, and that means wheeling it down the zig-zag, back-and-forth gang plank. An able-bodied person can manage even a good-sized rolling bag and a tote bag or backpack looped over the handle.

Once you're off the ship, you'll be funneled into the terminal, and you'll simply walk right past the chaos that is the find-your-luggage-room. Go straight to the Customs line, which may be long or may be short -- but you're going to wait in it.

Once you've gone through Customs, you're "dismissed" to outside, either to walk to your car or to hail a taxi.

I can't say I love self-disembarkation ... but it beats putting your luggage out the night before, then searching for it in the terminal the next day, and being forced into someone else's schedule the next day. Until I'm too old and infirm to wheel my own luggage, I'll ALWAYS make this choice.

It's also easier for the staff: Less luggage for them to load/unload.

Correct. The line began in the MDR, Deck 4.

We've never seen a line ... but, then, with an 8 hour drive ahead of us, my husband is usually the one who's up at 5:00 hurrying us from the room, and he's the one saying, "Hurry with those eggs!" at our last breakfast.

We have usually walked off without any line. We have literally been back in our car, leaving the terminal by 7:30 in the past.

Thanks. considering the risk (of confiscation/breakage/wait..etc), decided to buy Brita Sports portable filter bottles from walmart - 2pack for $15.

Trust I can get normal drinking water for free on the ship.

(again must sound totally stupid, but we have never been on a cruise ship!)

The risk is pretty low: A case of water only costs about $3, so confiscation wouldn't sting too much. ANY drinks you bring should be double-ziplocked against the possibility of breakage; if you see the staff handling the luggage, you'll be surprised at how rough they are with it.

The staff will stop you from doing one thing with your portable bottles: They will stop you from filling them directly from the spouts. The problem is that if you've had your mouth on the bottle, and you touch it to the spout, that's a health code problem. What you CAN do is take two glasses of ice water each from the buffet ... and pour the glasses into your bottles.

And, hey, everyone was new once. Feel free to ask questions.