Just off Liberty of the Seas

Thanks for the well done review. We aren't sailing until Jan 2017 but already excited. Was the Jamaica excursion through RCCL or private? My daughter desperately wants to zip line and I want to make sure it's Safe!

Because the excursions are so far from the pier in Falmouth, my dad wanted to book through RCCL for the "We won't leave you" guarantee :p

Thanks for the review. Can you tell us who was performing in the Schooner Bar and the name of the bands - especially the pool band. I realize it may change by the time I sail - just curious. thanks!

Poolside Entertainment was Tropical Jam and Riddim Wave

Schooner Bar Entertainment was T.A. Williams and Voytek

I hope they're the ones you are hoping for :) I only heard Voytek once, but I hear great things about him!

Edited by RCAlltheWay

Thank you for your review! We leave on this itenerary Sunday. Do you remember what local time it was when you docked in Grand Cayman? Thanks in advance!

Haha this is probably the most difficult question to answer! Our group kept confusing each other, but I know ship time was 7:30am. I think they were an hour ahead of us, so I believe the local time was 8:30am. Everyone we came across referred to ship time anyway.

Thanks for the well done review. We aren't sailing until Jan 2017 but already excited. Was the Jamaica excursion through RCCL or private? My daughter desperately wants to zip line and I want to make sure it's Safe!

We did "chukka canopy at rosehall" with my daughters (9 & 11). Last summer as well as three years back.

Kids loved it (esp the "surprises") and they were very careful.

We also went with RCCL on Jamaica due to distances, etc. branched out on our own at other ports.

This will be the same itinerary I am on in February (except MoBay instead of Falmouth). Can you tell me which nights were the formal nights? Also did you make reservations in advance for the shows?

Sure hope Voytek is there--my husband (who is a musician) heard him on his first cruise and said he's incredible.

Edited by Beachiekeen

There are no advanced reservations for shows on Liberty.

Well darn. Do we just show up then and hope for the best?

OP, could you tell me what days the shows were? Monday and Thursday is what I had in my notes for formal night so I must have seen that somewhere--thanks for confirming!

Edited by Beachiekeen

Well darn. Do we just show up then and hope for the best?...

There will normally be two performances per evening, timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times. There may be one or two nights with only one show, which will be between the two traditional dining times. We've found if we get to the venue 20-30 minutes ahead of time, we usually have a good choice of seats.

There will normally be two performances per evening, timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times. There may be one or two nights with only one show, which will be between the two traditional dining times. We've found if we get to the venue 20-30 minutes ahead of time, we usually have a good choice of seats.

Thank you. I mainly just want to see the ice show, the one that is like Cirque de Soleil, and the Saturday Night Fever. I'll be lucky if DH says yes to all 3! We probably won't go to the other ones. And we have the My Time Dining--I can't figure out how we're supposed to schedule around it. We'll figure it out I guess!

Well darn. Do we just show up then and hope for the best?

OP, could you tell me what days the shows were? Monday and Thursday is what I had in my notes for formal night so I must have seen that somewhere--thanks for confirming!

We typically got there 25 minutes early and had plenty of seating to choose from.

Day 1- Welcome Aboard Show featuring Comedian Darrell Joyce

Day 2- Beatlemania (Cover Band). Encore! Ice Show

Day 3- Saturday Night Fever

Day 4- The Love and Marriage Game Show

Day 5- Ventriloquist Ronn Lucas

Day 6- In The Air

Day 7- Farewell Show featuring Comedian ____ Blaine, Encore! Ice Show

The time in which you have priority for the ice show is based on your muster station. You may attend other showtimes, but you are on standby.

We typically got there 25 minutes early and had plenty of seating to choose from.

Day 1- Welcome Aboard Show featuring Comedian Darrell Joyce

Day 2- Beatlemania (Cover Band). Encore! Ice Show

Day 3- Saturday Night Fever

Day 4- The Love and Marriage Game Show

Day 5- Ventriloquist Ronn Lucas

Day 6- In The Air

Day 7- Farewell Show featuring Comedian ____ Blaine, Encore! Ice Show

The time in which you have priority for the ice show is based on your muster station. You may attend other showtimes, but you are on standby.

Great info., thank you!

I am on the Liberty now, we got on 12/6, and it's day 5.

Embarkation: We went inside the old terminal to pass through security (no line) and immediately walked up to the check-in desk (we are Platinum members, but there was no line for any level of cruisers). We completed the whole process and were on the ship by 11:30.

They had the signage up for C&A levels when we embarked. We had a very speedy check-in.

Windjammer: We went straight to the Windjammer for lunch and again expected to find massive crowds, but there weren’t any (seeing the trend?). The Windjammer was not the best food I had ever tasted, but was far from the bland food I read about. We had breakfast there every day but one. They did offer the same breakfast options every day, but there was enough variety that you could have something new each day. Lunches had more variety than breakfast and were satisfying. I agree. The food in the Liberty's 'Jammer is a cut above our most recent cruises on the Allure and the Navigator.

MDR: Anyone who has a problem with the food or service in the MDR must have a screw loose. I cook 3 meals a day from scratch and I am constantly told that I am a good cook (not just by my husband). I’m not saying this to brag, but to let you know that I know what good food taste like and I absolutely loved my dinner every night. The rest of the omnivores in our group raved about their food too! Granted, I can’t speak for the meat myself, but if they can make a vegetarian dish as great as the ones that I had, then I’m sure they can handle the meat as well. I agree completely! I noticed the difference from my first bite of my appetizer on Day 1. They are preparing the standard menu items much better, with proper seasoning, and more culinary skill. My husband LOVES the steak (classic choice; no extra charge). Must be that good Texas beef!!:DYou won’t read a single negative comment about the wait staff in the MDR or anywhere else on the ship for that matter. Agree again! I am nuts about our cabin attendant, Sandra, from Haiti. I get to practice my veeeeery rusty French with her. I can now say, "I am a little tipsy", in French. :D]

On day 6, I saw that they did offer the 10 drink coupons for $67 and the rest of my group said they saw the offer the day prior too. I would have bought that one had I seen it the day before, but I knew I wouldn’t be drinking heavily that last night, so I passed. I really wish that was something they offered at the beginning of the cruise. I noticed the flyer for this in the Cruise Compass on Day 2. It's soft marketing, because it hasn't shown up again.

My only complaint is the Diamond Lounge during happy hour. It's a zoo! The appetizers are in a constant state of needing replenishment, which the overworked bartenders (2) can barely get to. I sure hope those two get good tips at the end of the cruise. They are literally sweating by 5:30pm, and you have to go up to them to get a drink, because it's a mob scene. It's like a horde of locusts in there from 4:30 - 8:00 pm. I take a little cheese and appys out to the Viking Crown and use my pre-loaded drink vouchers. We don't want to know what the CL is like! (And, yes, D+ are allowed in the CL). Only negative thing about the whole cruise.

Edited by pcur

This is all great to hear...we took Liberty out on her Pre inaug in 2007 and again in Sept. that year, and again in 2010. April we will do her again after rehab and we are so excited about the new features she is supposed to have as I finally talked all my family into going to help us celebrate our 20th Anni and I sure want it to be a good trip. Hope the food prep does not change and that the Beatle show is still on, love that one.

Thanks for the great review!

BTW I show up for the ice show around 45 mins. early and have gotten front row center every time. I just sit down in front of the doors and wait. Be prepared for a crush if you show up late.:o

Edited by BecciBoo