Laundry on the Voyager

Are there laundry facilities to use on the Voyager of the Seas? I don't mean, send laundry out, but rather a washer and dryer to do your own? It definitely will make a difference as to how much I bring with me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Then you will be happy to learn that Freedom of the Seas is expected to have self-service laundries. Enchantment of the Seas apparently had them added during the stretch but a decision was made not to put them into operation in order to protect the jobs of the workers in the ship's laundry. Frankly, I'd rather pay for the convenience of sending it out than spend valuable time doing my own during a cruise or worrying that I might incur the wrath of a fellow passenger if I wasn't back to the laundry room the moment my wash was done. :)

Then you will be happy to learn that Freedom of the Seas is expected to have self-service laundries. Enchantment of the Seas apparently had them added during the stretch but a decision was made not to put them into operation in order to protect the jobs of the workers in the ship's laundry. Frankly, I'd rather pay for the convenience of sending it out than spend valuable time doing my own during a cruise or worrying that I might incur the wrath of a fellow passenger if I wasn't back to the laundry room the moment my wash was done. :)

I'd rather pack a lot less knowing I can do laundry during the cruise. Especially the longer cruises which we usually do.

But who wants to waste time doing laundry while on vacation? :confused:

I'm not going to do laundry on a 4-5 day cruise. But when you are talking about 8+ days, it's needed. I'm not spending $2.00 for every pair of underwear I have washed. Maybe you guys are rich but I have to save my pennies for my future cruises.

We always like to bring less clothes and do a load or 2 of laundry... during a late evening or early morning... we can save a lot of room packing that way. Not only do we to pack 9 days of clothes for our upcoming voyager trip, but we are packing extra clothes for that extra change needed in case of a spill or stain or hot day extra change. Would rather spend $8 on two loads of laundry than $8 on two shirts!

I avoid doing laundry at home as much as possible. Why would I want to spend any time on vacation doing what I avoid at home?

As to the underwear question, wash your underwear in the sink. Bring some clothespins to hang it up to dry.

For some of us, it has nothing to do with not wanting to do laundry on vacation. (Heck, we don't even "want" to do laundry at home.) It has to do with allergies, as well as the type of fabrics we wear. We use dye-free/perfume free on our clothes; plus many of our clothes for warm weather are hang to dry, and I doubt they offer that option. I wouldn't mind spending a mindless hour or two doing laundry in order to bring fewer clothes.

beachchick

Beachchick,

I totally agree with you....... I certainly don't mind doing a load or two of laundry if it means I can take less in my suitcase. On Princess, there were washers, dryers and irons in special laundry rooms on each deck. I thought it was pretty convenient, myself.

Judy

Ah, yes, that would be a new addition to our "favorite" thread topics list:

chair hogs, dressing for formal nights, bringing your own booze on board, children, jeans in the dining rooms, and now, for your posting pleasure, PEOPLE WHO DON'T COME BACK WHEN THEIR WASH IS FINISHED.

:D

this is NOT reasonable. SO I bring a small bottle of Tide & rinse everything out to hang to dry overnight as we sleep. So we bring half the clothes for a 2 week cruise........

If you look really hard behind the rock wall, there is a spring fed waterfall and some more rocks. This is where I do my laundry & then I hang them to dry on my balcony . . . although I'm pretty sure I saw a guy in one of the aft cabins wearing my favorite shirt after a breezy evening out on my improvised clothesline!

I too wish RC had some wash and dry, not that I want to do laundry on a vacation, but we have retired and have started to take extended cruises, b2b, and It would be nice not to pack so much. I do rinse out underwear, swimsuites, nightgowns, etc. Dont mind paying $3. to wash jeans or pants, but refuse to pay $1.20 for underwear.

Not as reasonable as doing it yourself. :D

Only if you value your time very cheaply. Even if you work for minimum wage, figure in the time you spend doing the laundry when you compute the cost and you might be surprised at the real cost of doing it yourself.

Ah, yes, that would be a new addition to our "favorite" thread topics list:

chair hogs, dressing for formal nights, bringing your own booze on board, children, jeans in the dining rooms, and now, for your posting pleasure, PEOPLE WHO DON'T COME BACK WHEN THEIR WASH IS FINISHED.

:D

LOL :D

Only if you value your time very cheaply. Even if you work for minimum wage, figure in the time you spend doing the laundry when you compute the cost and you might be surprised at the real cost of doing it yourself.

DW sent a few items to be laundered on Celebrity. She had her blouse sent to be washed. It was returned pressed but she still smelled the sun block on the blouse. She felt the blouse was never even washed and would rather do her own laundry rather than rely on someone else. It's not that she's being cheap.

Archived