Am I missing something?

CYNSport

I know I'm stating the obvious, but promotions, whether billed as the new part of every fare now (GBB) or like 1-2-3 are subject to change at any time. I'm sure there are tweaks that Celebrity would like to put on GBB and maybe they'll change it or maybe they'll offer it as it is, or maybe you won't see it any more only to be replaced by another promotion.

What you see when you book your reservation is what you get. If you see GBB, you get it...if you don't, well....

Edited by ghstudio

I know I'm stating the obvious, but promotions, whether billed as the new part of every fare now (GBB) or like 1-2-3 are subject to change at any time. I'm sure there are tweaks that Celebrity would like to put on GBB and maybe they'll change it or maybe they'll offer it as it is, or maybe you won't see it any more only to be replaced by another promotion.

What you see when you book your reservation is what you get. If you see GBB, you get it...if you don't, well....

You are certainly right about that. I was surprised because X made such a big deal when they rolled it out. Now it seems that the price increases that accompanied GBB are still in place, minus GBB. I guess we will see how price elastic X's products truly are. We often booked AQ over the past few years and felt it was a "good buy", given our preferences. Looks less so now. As prices increase, then other lines (Oceania, Azamarra) become more competitive for our cruise business. Just supply and demand :D

The hope, I'm sure, is to "perfume the pig" so to speak and add, with great fanfare, GBB at the same time as increasing the fares even more. Celebrity would love for these fares without perks to hold....and maybe they will....only time will tell. We'll just watch and wait for a while.

The hope, I'm sure, is to "perfume the pig" so to speak and add, with great fanfare, GBB at the same time as increasing the fares even more. Celebrity would love for these fares without perks to hold....and maybe they will....only time will tell. We'll just watch and wait for a while.

Same here!

I would call and ask. Others have reported calling and getting the $300 OBC changed to the beverage package. Might be there and not showing on the website. It does show on my travel agent's website.

Agreed, when I was looking at Bermuda when it first came out the website showed the $300 OBC as the only offer, but when I called in, she was able to quote me based on the go BBB offer. I think it may be a glitch with the new offerings.

I found the same thing when I put a hold on a stateroom the first day for Canada/New England. When I took it to my TA the next day, she called it in and booked it as "best" with no problem.

Love not having to deal with these systems.

When a cruise come out say 18-20 months in the future it comes out with a price generated by a computer. Celebrity in the next year or more is likely if history repeats to have some TWENTY different promotions for those same cabins and up to TEN price changes.

Thus booking a cruise 18 months out I would suggest do not bother for trying to get the "best" deal today. If the cruise is popular then prices will hold or go up. If not then you will see deals, price reductions or both. As to saying X has up priced compared to Azamara or Oceania - really? Their prices are up too and will change over time as well.

It is all supply and demand. Got to remember for those of us in the USA - you risk nothing until the final payment date except giving X the use of some of your money!

When a cruise come out say 18-20 months in the future it comes out with a price generated by a computer. Celebrity in the next year or more is likely if history repeats to have some TWENTY different promotions for those same cabins and up to TEN price changes.

Thus booking a cruise 18 months out I would suggest do not bother for trying to get the "best" deal today. If the cruise is popular then prices will hold or go up. If not then you will see deals, price reductions or both. As to saying X has up priced compared to Azamara or Oceania - really? Their prices are up too and will change over time as well.

It is all supply and demand. Got to remember for those of us in the USA - you risk nothing until the final payment date except giving X the use of some of your money!

I was really comparing AQ on X to regular cabins on O and AZ. Still more, but as the gap narrows, decisions change.