Drink Menus

stratixman

The past several cruises I have been on (last one was in February) I noticed that Celebrity was deficient, or negligent, by not having drink menus at the outdoor bars we patronized. Is this still happening? The reason I ask is because my wife is not a frequent drinker and has absolutely no idea what drinks to order by name or type. So a menu of drink offerings with ingredient listings would be a very helpful in her being able to pick something she might actually like. Also, being primarily a martini and scotch drinker, I have never had reason to request a specific drink (i.e. one not one listed on a menu). So I am wondering about just how willing or flexible the bartenders are in assembling drinks not typically carried on their drink sheets.

You can always ask. Personally, I just download the complete set of bar menus kindly provided by Mike and Carol at thepreismans.com to my tablet and smartphone. That way all the various bar menus are always available to me. You can ask for almost any of the drinks at almost any of the bars, (save the more specialized martini, smoothie, molecular, etc. bars).

Their most recent review of the Eclipse for October 2015 also includes the newly updated nightly restauant menus as well.

I like having the list of beers, wines-by-the-glass, and mixed drinks with me regardless of which of the 15 or so bars I'm at.

The past several cruises I have been on (last one was in February) I noticed that Celebrity was deficient, or negligent, by not having drink menus at the outdoor bars we patronized. Is this still happening? The reason I ask is because my wife is not a frequent drinker and has absolutely no idea what drinks to order by name or type. So a menu of drink offerings with ingredient listings would be a very helpful in her being able to pick something she might actually like. Also, being primarily a martini and scotch drinker, I have never had reason to request a specific drink (i.e. one not one listed on a menu). So I am wondering about just how willing or flexible the bartenders are in assembling drinks not typically carried on their drink sheets.

No one I've cruised with has ever had a problem getting a drink "off menu" and one chap asks for some pretty strange concoctions, sometimes he has had to tell the bar man how to make it, but he gets it.

Now me I drink Diet Coke, never been an issue.

No one I've cruised with has ever had a problem getting a drink "off menu" and one chap asks for some pretty strange concoctions, sometimes he has had to tell the bar man how to make it, but he gets it.

Now me I drink Diet Coke, never been an issue.

bar tenders on the Golden were awesome i was at the martini making show , never knew there was so many different types , i got the watermelon and cranberry one was quite nice even better i didnt have to pay for it

Have never seen a menu on a ship giving the drink ingredients. Would need to ask the bartenders for that. They certainly will know as they makes the drinks.

With some 100 types of flavored tequilas and more than 200 vodkas would think the combination list would be almost infinite.

I imagine that having menus at outdoor venues would be difficult due to the risk of wind blowing them off tables especially during less than desirable weather. That being said, I have never had a problem getting any drink I requested. Bartenders are also happy to oblige to requests such as "Can I get something made with mango?" or "I'm in the mood for something minty."

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Have never seen a menu on a ship giving the drink ingredients. Would need to ask the bartenders for that. They certainly will know as they makes the drinks.

With some 100 types of flavored tequilas and more than 200 vodkas would think the combination list would be almost infinite.

ones on golden had ingredients i am 100% sure on it

I imagine that having menus at outdoor venues would be difficult due to the risk of wind blowing them off tables especially during less than desirable weather. That being said, I have never had a problem getting any drink I requested. Bartenders are also happy to oblige to requests such as "Can I get something made with mango?" or "I'm in the mood for something minty."

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

seen them at the outside ones when good weather but i think they find a better spot when not good weather thats for sure

Every Celebrity bar menu lists the ingredients of each featured drink.

The link I provided above contains images for all dozen or so bar menus. They all list ingredients.

Follow this link for drinks menus

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2266065