1st Cruise on Majesty on Jan 11-15!!

Hislamb12

My dh and I are celebrating our 25 anniversary and got a good deal on this cruise. We stop on Cococay, Nassau and Key West.

So a couple of questions that I can't seem to find on the Norweigan Website about my cruise...could be a too new at this to understand it too! LOL

We aren't big drinkers will likely just get one drink a day, so we plan to just pay for them ourselves. Does that seem more reasonable than paying for a drink package?

And, we do drink a lot of water, but $50 a person a day!!! wow that is expensive and quickly takes away our "good deal" on this cruise...So is the water on the ship filtered anyway? Do you at least have filtered water at meals that I can fill up my own empty camelbak?

Looking at the excursions I would love to parasail in Cococay, is that price at $89 for both people sailing or each? Is it best to book with your cruise line or just pay once you get there?

I want to walk to a different hotel (or ride a cab) at Nassau instead of paying so much at $100 a person to sit on the beach at Atlantis, I think I read somewhere on here that others went to a hotel down the street and payed about 1/3 that price? I am getting that right?

We have many children and several with severe special needs. This is a time for us to enjoy each other and relax and make memories.

I really just want to enjoy the beach, maybe a little shopping (if you have good ideas for that please share too) and that is about it.

BUT< if you think there is a must that you really enjoyed please share. Not sure at all what to do at Key West except get some KeyLime Pie!!

our dream cruise is to Alaska, but we couldn't afford that this time, so we are hoping maybe 5 more years :)

Thanks

April

My dh and I are celebrating our 25 anniversary and got a good deal on this cruise. We stop on Cococay, Nassau and Key West.

So a couple of questions that I can't seem to find on the Norweigan Website about my cruise...could be a too new at this to understand it too! LOL

We aren't big drinkers will likely just get one drink a day, so we plan to just pay for them ourselves. Does that seem more reasonable than paying for a drink package? Yes. Although as Bob mentioned sometimes drink cards are made available that might make it worth it.

And, we do drink a lot of water, but $50 a person a day!!! wow that is expensive and quickly takes away our "good deal" on this cruise...So is the water on the ship filtered anyway? Do you at least have filtered water at meals that I can fill up my own empty camelbak? Yes. The water is desalinized and purified onboard. You can fill a water bottle from the sink in your stateroom or from water dispensers. Just be sure not to fill the bottle directly from the water dispenser (use a glass as an intermediary)

Looking at the excursions I would love to parasail in Cococay, is that price at $89 for both people sailing or each? Is it best to book with your cruise line or just pay once you get there? Excursion prices are per person. Royal Caribbean owns Coco Cay so there won't be some other provider there you can contract with. Excursions can fill up so it's probably best to book ahead of time.

I want to walk to a different hotel (or ride a cab) at Nassau instead of paying so much at $100 a person to sit on the beach at Atlantis, I think I read somewhere on here that others went to a hotel down the street and payed about 1/3 that price? I am getting that right?

We have many children and several with severe special needs. This is a time for us to enjoy each other and relax and make memories.

I really just want to enjoy the beach, maybe a little shopping (if you have good ideas for that please share too) and that is about it.

BUT< if you think there is a must that you really enjoyed please share. Not sure at all what to do at Key West except get some KeyLime Pie!! Visit the Truman Little White House or the Hemingway Home and its famous polydactyl cats. If you're at all a fan of craft beer, The Porch is a great spot to grab a drink or two. There's also an aquarium near Mallory Square.

our dream cruise is to Alaska, but we couldn't afford that this time, so we are hoping maybe 5 more years :)

Thanks

April

See my thoughts/suggestions above in red.

What ship are you cruising on; Norwegian doesn't have a Majesty!!

Mike

NCL used to have a Majesty though, so the thread title intrigued me. We sailed on the NCL Majesty in 2008; she was subsequently sold to Louis Cruises and I think they still own her. Funny, an old ship, no balconies, but we had a great time!

By sheer coincidence, when we were on the NCL Jade in Malta in early 2010, the Louis Majesty was in port with us. Here she is there:

MajestyinMalta.jpg

(photo by turtles06)