Transportation from Port Canaveral to Kennedy Space Center

JohnandKatr

Hi, we are a group of 5 (2 adults w 3 kids) that will be coming in on Norwegian Breakaway at 1pm on Dec 29th and we already have tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I've searched with no luck on how to get from the cruise terminal to KSC but cannot find anything that makes sense. I don't want to spend the time renting a vehicle to go just 15 minutes down the road and back. I emailed VIPlimo (I think that's the name) and they gave me a quote of $240 roundtrip......that's ridiculous for just a 15 minute ride.....any other options???? Uber maybe (I've never used Uber so no clue how).....please help! The cost for transportation is more than the cost of the tickets! Thanks in advance.

-Kate

Hi, we are a group of 5 (2 adults w 3 kids) that will be coming in on Norwegian Breakaway at 1pm on Dec 29th and we already have tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I've searched with no luck on how to get from the cruise terminal to KSC but cannot find anything that makes sense. I don't want to spend the time renting a vehicle to go just 15 minutes down the road and back. I emailed VIPlimo (I think that's the name) and they gave me a quote of $240 roundtrip......that's ridiculous for just a 15 minute ride.....any other options???? Uber maybe (I've never used Uber so no clue how).....please help! The cost for transportation is more than the cost of the tickets! Thanks in advance.

-Kate

Just called Executive vip limo and was quoted $100 round trip KSC

for up to 5 in a minivan and $190 round trip for 10 in a limo.

You must have received a quote to orlando round trip.

Just called Executive vip limo and was quoted $100 round trip KSC

for up to 5 in a minivan and $190 round trip for 10 in a limo.

You must have received a quote to orlando round trip.

That sounds more plausible. We've used Executive VIP before and had excellent service.

You might want to check out Happy Hour Shuttle. We have booked them to take our party of 8 from Port Canaveral cruise terminal to the airport after our April cruise. They also provide transportation and day tours in the Cape Canaveral/ Cocoa beach area. I was happy with their rates and they responded promptly to my phone calls and questions.

http://happyhourshuttle.com/

Edited by marys350

• 1 month later...

Just posting in hopes that the OP will see and report back on the shuttle service/limo they ended up using to Kennedy Space Center.

We have Cocoa Beach Shuttle Booked for 6 people. It is the same price for us to rent a mini-van. Honestly, I am a little uneasy about both options.

1) I am nervous about dropping the mini-van off at Alamo after hours (using the drop box).....and,

2) I am nervous about Cocoa Beach Shuttle not showing up to return us to the pier at the end of the day.....

I wish I just booked the excursion through the cruise ship, but I have the tickets to the Space Center so it really wouldn't be worth it.....

Just posting in hopes that the OP will see and report back on the shuttle service/limo they ended up using to Kennedy Space Center.

We have Cocoa Beach Shuttle Booked for 6 people. It is the same price for us to rent a mini-van. Honestly, I am a little uneasy about both options.

1) I am nervous about dropping the mini-van off at Alamo after hours (using the drop box).....and,

2) I am nervous about Cocoa Beach Shuttle not showing up to return us to the pier at the end of the day.....

I wish I just booked the excursion through the cruise ship, but I have the tickets to the Space Center so it really wouldn't be worth it.....

Personally, I would rent the van for total freedom. Upon return, I would drop my crew at the cruise terminal and tell the 888-Transport taxi person (they have a stand at the terminal) to have a taxi follow me to Alamo.

Or call 888-transportation as you leave KSC and give them a time to meet you at Alamo. Then double-check at the taxi stand or taxi in line, that they have a car at Alamo waiting.

Worse case - the 888-transportation building is just 10 minutes from Alamo! If they mess up you will not wait long at Alamo for a new ride!

Better still - if your cruise ship docks at CT1, you can walk back to the ship from Alamo! Easy and safe!

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 2 weeks later...

-Kate

Following up as well. I'm hoping the JohnandKatr would see this message and give feedback as to what they used. Will be docking at Port Canaveral in March.

Thanks for all the help in advance