Escape & Getaway B2B Photo Review Nov. 28th to Dec. 13, 2015

loupana

Ok I wasn't going to start this till later tomorrow but since I'm waiting for my connection flight home let's start off this photo review with some trip details until I get all my photo's uploaded to Flickr

Pictures are worth a thousand words so I'll upload lots.

We left November 27th, 2015 from Ottawa with a direct flight to FLL arriving at 12:20PM

23352714685_09537db097_b.jpg

I had SAS Transportation booked but it took awhile for our luggage to arrive and I had issues with my new SIM card in my cell phone so by the time I contacted them they left without us. I was ok with that because they said they had people needing to get to the cruise port.

I ended up using Uber for the first time. I created an account before we left home thinking it may come in handy and it did. I opened the app called a driver walked out the terminal door and there he was. Our ride to the Intercontinental Miami where we would be staying cost $35.84. I thought that was great and what an excellent first impression of Uber.

Like I said we were staying at the Intercontinental Miami for one night before the Escape cruise (and again on December 5th when we return before we boarded the Getaway).

Intercontinental Miami

22728704243_d0ebb50f7a_b.jpg

23251606232_c208a3d60e_b.jpg

Hotel Lobby

23273324861_d038739361_b.jpg

22728760673_c06f1e697e_b.jpg

23060150920_70d599c8f8_b.jpg

DW works for Holiday Inn which is affiliated with the Intercontinental so we got a great rate $68 per night:)

Loved the room we had a view of the Bay

22725539673_5c1995e34f_b.jpg

22984751259_b62bb6bc0c_b.jpg

23326566316_823fba739a_b.jpg

The awesome view from our room on the 22nd floor

23326571736_009bca1560_b.jpg

MIA, Intercontental pre-cruise, and Escape in March 2016. Wondering if I should use Uber. There's 4 of us with luggage. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more. What form of transportation did you use from Intercontinental to port? Price? Thanks!

MIA, Intercontental pre-cruise, and Escape in March 2016. Wondering if I should use Uber. There's 4 of us with luggage. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more. What form of transportation did you use from Intercontinental to port? Price? Thanks!

If you haven't used uber or lyft before you can get 20-30.00 off your first ride if you use someone's uber code. Probably would make it less than 10.00 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used Uber, we are in the UK but coming to Miami next month. How do you go about tipping the driver? Does it have to be in cash?

Yes, Uber does not offer a way to tip the driver through the app. Although Uber says tipping is not required, we always tip our Uber drivers with cash, which they greatly appreciate.

If you haven't used uber or lyft before you can get 20-30.00 off your first ride if you use someone's uber code. Probably would make it less than 10.00 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I knew that before, that would have been awesome

Used Uber XL for both cruises from Intercontinental to the Port, and it cost $11.26. The second cruise of our b2b on the Getaway we had 2 others with us, so we had 4 adults and 7 or 8 pieces of luggage.

I have never used Uber, we are in the UK but coming to Miami next month. How do you go about tipping the driver? Does it have to be in cash?

No money transfer, just setup Uber account online and use the app to call the driver. They even helped with luggage.

Little more background why I would not take a cab...

Last time I cruise out of Florida I used a cab from Port Everglades to FLL the cab ride was just over $20 and all I had was 2 $20's and driver just shrugged his shoulders and said I don't have change and walked away and left. Also had bad local experiences here at home and other locations not just Florida, so I told myself after that no more cabs for me.

We also did the Escape and Getaway while staying at the Intercontinental on December 5th.We liked the Getaway better because the Escape was so new and still working out a few things.

I agree, I like the ship Escape better. But service was better on Getaway.

Back home from work, so time to continue

Looking out our room window we see this crazy Yacht, would love to know how much to rent this...

22725534543_a7f8b35f1a_b.jpg

After checking in and getting settled in our room we walked around Bayside Market

23329635396_35d3a4bdc1_b.jpg

23247458882_531fce5efd_b.jpg

22987878509_66782cd6d0_b.jpg

Then back to the Hotel Bar for snacks

22728784643_328248c12e_b.jpg

23355734335_f76ae99186_b.jpg