disney transp from park to ship

Joie

We are staying a couple days at the park before heading over to cruise....will we be able to get to ship early or are there set times for them to transport you from the park to the ship ?

DCL transfers from WDW resorts to port (Port Canaveral we're talking about) generally pick up at the various resorts sometime (once) during the 10:45-12:30 window. You'll receive a letter in your resort room the last night telling you when to have your bags ready for pick up (inside your room, usually around 8:00am) and what time to check in for your bus.

The trip takes about an hour, so you will not be arriving "early".

DCL transfers cost $35.00 per person.

You have several alternatives for transportation from WDW to the cruise terminal. As above, DCL transfers are $35 per person each way. There is ONE departure from each hotel. Each bus typically serves 3 hotels...so you may spend some time riding around WDW depending on whether you are the first or the last pick up. Luggage will be taken from your hotel room about 8 am and next show up outside your cabin on the ship.

Private limo service--cost is about the same as transfers for 4 people but it will run on YOUR schedule. You'll need to get your luggage to the hotel entrance, but bell services will help if needed. You'll give your checked luggage to the porter at the terminal.

Rent a car--there are several locations at or near WDW. Example, Budget is at the Doubletree "Good Neighbor" hotel; they have a shuttle for limited hours at the WDW end. You can rent for 24 hours, dropping off the family and luggage at the terminal and then returning the car; take their complimentary shuttle back to the terminal. Rental cost for a "full size" vehicle is typically around $50, but then you'll need to add gas and tolls. By far the cheapest option for more than 2 people. Or you can rent round trip and park at the terminal for $15 per day (although paying to rent a car and park it makes little sense to me!)

You can make a different choice for each direction if you wish--rent a car to get to the airport but use DCL transfers back to the airport, for instance.

My 2 daughters and 2 grandkids (2 and 3) are also spending a couple of days at WDW prior to our cruise in a couple of weeks. I reserved transportation with A1 Elite Transportation from MCO to our hotel and then to the port and back to MCO.

We are staying off resort property at Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa and Village, so this was easier for us, since they also included car seats in their price. It was cheaper than Disney transportation, and more convenient. We have an 11:00 pickup at out hotel to the port.

As mentioned, there are several options and you can find one that works the best for you.

Debbie

We are staying off resort property at Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa and Village, so this was easier for us, since they also included car seats in their price. It was cheaper than Disney transportation, and more convenient. We have an 11:00 pickup at out hotel to the port.

As mentioned, there are several options and you can find one that works the best for you.

Debbie

Yes, many limo/towncar services include car seats. Quality varies from excellent to something that I wouldn't want to put my kid in.

DCL transfers only service WDW resorts, so if staying off property you'll need either a car service or a rental car. Debbie says it was cheaper than Disney transportation (the break even point is usually at 4 persons), but DCL transportation was not an option for this family.

The trip takes about an hour, so you will not be arriving "early".

I agree. We took the bus from the Caribbean Beach Resort and it did not even leave until 12:15. We did not stop at any other resort and the bus was empty when we got on it. Walked onto the ship at 2:00. The was virtually no lines or long waits at the terminal, but I would have preferred to physically get on the ship earlier. Luggage pickup at the hotel was promptly at 8:00.