Might there be time for me to make this cruise?

BattyBirdWoman

I'm thinking of going on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth, leaving Southampton on the 22nd December. However I would need to pick up my new passport from Peterborough on the same morning and then travel by coach.

Does anyone know what time the ship would be likely to leave and how close to leaving that it'd be ok to board?

I realise that I need to ring Cunard but am unable to at the moment so am hoping for your thoughts in the meantime, please. Many thanks.

Two things that I would not do: book a late non-refundable fare without travel documentation in hand and do more than local travel on the day of sailing.

For you to make this sailing everything would have to go right. That your passport is there and waiting and you're not in a two hour line. You would have to make your coach connection and not be tied up in some road blockage or diversion due to an accident. Meanwhile, you've paid 100% of the fare on booking and none if it is refundable if you miss the check-in cutoff.

Some people love drama but that would be far too much anxiety for me.

I'm thinking of going on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth, leaving Southampton on the 22nd December. However I would need to pick up my new passport from Peterborough on the same morning and then travel by coach.

Does anyone know what time the ship would be likely to leave and how close to leaving that it'd be ok to board?

I realise that I need to ring Cunard but am unable to at the moment so am hoping for your thoughts in the meantime, please. Many thanks.

I doubt if you will succeed

1. You will need the passport number to complete your personalizer

2. National Express Coach Peterborough to London (Journey Time 5hr 35mins)

1st Coach departs 10.10am gets in 1545. Are tickets still available ? later Coaches showing fully booked.

3. Queen Elizabeth could possibly lift the Gang plank up at 4pm for Drill 4.30pm thats usually the time for Cunard to shut shop.

Ship is at Ocean Terminal Berth 46 (Some distance from Coach Station)

You could get delayed at Passport Office/ en route

Mad Idea, without a passport !!!!!!!

You could possibly book appointment for Monday 21Dec at passport Office and try for the 0715 coach on 22nd arriving Southampton 1.40pm. But I would travel down the night before, incase of Holdups en route.

Edited by Pennbank

According to the Southampton Port website Queen Elizabeth is due to sail at 4.30. I would think you would need to be at the terminal at least an hour before then.

How long is the coach journey?

Pay the extra and get your passport earlier.

After I booked the September TA with my son, with only 2 weeks to go, he realised his passport was out of date. He got a Saturday appointment at the Passport Office, paid the extra, and got it on the following Tuesday.

It can be done, but........

It's not looking hopeful I'm afraid

Thank you for all your replies, i really appreciate them. No, it's not looking good at all! :(

Does anyone know how far in advance that the voyage personaliser needs the passport number filled in please?

Wonder if the journey was made, especially as QE changed to Beth 101 due to weather restraints and departure was delayed.