Value Internet package and iMessage

Titan_Cruiser

The way I understand the Value Internet package ($16/day or $60/cruise) nothing is blocked but the speed will not support Skype or FaceTime.

My question is, since iMessage goes over the Internet instead of using cellular data can you purchase this package and text with someone back home (that has an iPhone)?

Has anyone actually done this?

We are cruising in just over a month without our boys and hoped to use this to talk with them.

The way I understand the Value Internet package ($16/day or $60/cruise) nothing is blocked but the speed will not support Skype or FaceTime.

My question is, since iMessage goes over the Internet instead of using cellular data can you purchase this package and text with someone back home (that has an iPhone)?

Has anyone actually done this?

We are cruising in just over a month without our boys and hoped to use this to talk with them.

Just got off the breeze, Imessage worked with the social plan

We are traveling with 2 15 yr old girls I pray that Imessage and Instagram work easy. I need to check emails and talk to them and dont want to come home to a $1000 to $1500 Cell phone bill!!!!!

Are you wanting to text them while you are on the ship? If so, you will need to pay for each of them, since only one person can be logged onto an account at one time.

• 5 weeks later...