Queen Wharf question

Yes provided you can disembark promptly you will be fine as the wharf is right in the middle of the city

Sky City is a short 5-10 minute taxi ride away up Queen St - I'm assuming you will have too much luggage to walk it

Edited by Bodogbodog

Sorry to interrupt the thread but how far is the cruise terminal from Hobson Street where our hotel will be

Can we use public transport, walk or do we need to take a taxi?

Hobson Street is but a few minutes walk from the Terminal at Princes Wharf. The issue is that Hobson Street is a long street up hill and that begs the question is your hotel at the top end or the Princes Wharf end. If your Hotel is the Grand Chancellor then it is only a short walk from the terminal

Sorry to interrupt the thread but how far is the cruise terminal from Hobson Street where our hotel will be

Can we use public transport, walk or do we need to take a taxi?

It could be the same answer as the Sky City journey

Have a look at this Google map and work out where your hotel is.

Remember that it is uphill from Queens Wharf to Hobson St if you are considering walking it - if it was me I'd grab a taxi

It could be the same answer as the Sky City journey

Have a look at this Google map and work out where your hotel is.

Remember that it is uphill from Queens Wharf to Hobson St if you are considering walking it - if it was me I'd grab a taxi

Thank you City Oaks at188 so taxi I think

Hobson Street is but a few minutes walk from the Terminal at Princes Wharf. The issue is that Hobson Street is a long street up hill and that begs the question is your hotel at the top end or the Princes Wharf end. If your Hotel is the Grand Chancellor then it is only a short walk from the terminal

Thank you we are 188 so I think a taxi and the next morning to get to the airport at 4.30 that is another taxi (quoted $60) phew and qn hour journey

You grab these bargains quickly and then have to add all this other stuff like the $26 plus per person to the NZ government to arrive now:(

You grab these bargains quickly and then have to add all this other stuff like the $26 plus per person to the NZ government to arrive now:(

Some sacrifices have to be made to visit paradise!!! LOL

Thank you we are 188 so I think a taxi and the next morning to get to the airport at 4.30 that is another taxi (quoted $60) phew and qn hour journey

Its the same as the one in Australia, but I think yours is a bit dearer. Its to pay for the ever increasing costs of security, both bio and political.

The fees which were signalled in May's budget to pay for increasing border clearance costs come into effect on 1 January 2016.

Air travellers will pay $21.57 including GST for a return trip and cruise passengers and those arriving on private boats and planes will pay $26.22.

The higher rate for cruise and private passengers reflects the additional biosecurity assessments required at ports.

Its the same as the one in Australia, but I think yours is a bit dearer. Its to pay for the ever increasing costs of security, both bio and political.

The fees which were signalled in May's budget to pay for increasing border clearance costs come into effect on 1 January 2016.

Air travellers will pay $21.57 including GST for a return trip and cruise passengers and those arriving on private boats and planes will pay $26.22.

The higher rate for cruise and private passengers reflects the additional biosecurity assessments required at ports.

Yes I understand the tit for tat charges the Governments work on (unfortunately Oz is not my Government - wish it was) I was just pointing out that we forget to add these costs when we first book. Now I see I have to get to the airport at 4.30 in the morning for my 7.30 flight back to Sydney even if I manage to check in on line first.(they say 3 hours) So if the journey is a long one we might as well not go to bed:p:p:rolleyes:

Hobson Street is close to Queen's Wharf but if you've got luggage you can't walk it. If you don't have luggage it's easily walkable in about 10 minutes.

Thanks >Liz we shall only have one case and one carry one between us

Thanks >Liz we shall only have one case and one carry one between us

Depending on how heavy your case is you may find it a long walk - as we've said it's uphill

If it was me I'd grab a taxi - it's not going to be an expensive ride

If you had two bags say the same size as airline carryon's I'd say walk it - but I suspect your case is not going to be as light as a carryon

Depending on how heavy your case is you may find it a long walk - as we've said it's uphill

If it was me I'd grab a taxi - it's not going to be an expensive ride

If you had two bags say the same size as airline carryon's I'd say walk it - but I suspect your case is not going to be as light as a carryon

Thanks I do think you are correct as I looked on the google nz web site and it is 25 minutes walk and almost 2km Taxi it is (I thought of buses but cannot find the correct details):D

Thanks I do think you are correct as I looked on the google nz web site and it is 25 minutes walk and almost 2km Taxi it is (I thought of buses but cannot find the correct details):D

Which part of Hobson Street are you going to? It's definitely not 2km, when you turn out of Queen's Wharf you turn left then keep walking in that direction until you get to Hobson Street. It's 1km max.

Which part of Hobson Street are you going to? It's definitely not 2km, when you turn out of Queen's Wharf you turn left then keep walking in that direction until you get to Hobson Street. It's 1km max.

1.7km according to Google Maps @ https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Queens+Wharf,+Auckland,+New+Zealand/188+Hobson+St,+Auckland,+1010,+New+Zealand/@-36.8453856,174.7655759,15z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ff2d2e9eeb:0x80b6b53daaaaed2e!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ee560671a7:0x597e84c6ffa37053!3e0 - that's to the address he posted earlier in the thread - 188 Hobson St - a 23 minute walk - I wouldn't do it with baggage

By the way if walking wouldn't one turn RIGHT onto Quay Street on exiting the wharf - then walk along the street til you come to Hobson St - or alternatively go straight ahead and up Queen St and then turn right at some point to get to Hobson Street

Edited by Bodogbodog

We have stayed at Oaks on Hobson. We walked down to the wharf on boarding day. I wouldn't want to walk up it hauling luggage. There is a bit of an odd bit near the wharf too, I think there is a flyover or something and you have to go around or something. Not just straight up the street like the map looks.

We have stayed at Oaks on Hobson. We walked down to the wharf on boarding day. I wouldn't want to walk up it hauling luggage. There is a bit of an odd bit near the wharf too, I think there is a flyover or something and you have to go around or something. Not just straight up the street like the map looks.

Thank you and everyone else

We have decided a short taxi would be the way to go and we are then flying early next morning back to Australia

Did you enjoy the hotel? They say they 'deliver' the breakfast between 6pm and 8pm the previous night so we can eat it before we travel to the airport:confused:

1.7km according to Google Maps @ https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Queens+Wharf,+Auckland,+New+Zealand/188+Hobson+St,+Auckland,+1010,+New+Zealand/@-36.8453856,174.7655759,15z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ff2d2e9eeb:0x80b6b53daaaaed2e!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ee560671a7:0x597e84c6ffa37053!3e0 - that's to the address he posted earlier in the thread - 188 Hobson St - a 23 minute walk - I wouldn't do it with baggage

By the way if walking wouldn't one turn RIGHT onto Quay Street on exiting the wharf - then walk along the street til you come to Hobson St - or alternatively go straight ahead and up Queen St and then turn right at some point to get to Hobson Street

Yes I did mean right. I used to live in Auckland and it's 1km but yeah given its with luggage taxi would be best. Would be about $15-$20, depending on traffic. You wouldn't need to go onto Queen Street at all though but yeah it'd be straight then right onto Quay then straight then left onto Hobson.

Yes I did mean right. I used to live in Auckland and it's 1km but yeah given its with luggage taxi would be best. Would be about $15-$20, depending on traffic. You wouldn't need to go onto Queen Street at all though but yeah it'd be straight then right onto Quay then straight then left onto Hobson.

Thank you

I used to live in Auckland and it's 1km

It's actually not 1km - walking it is 1.6km - I think Google Maps is pretty accurate - I'm not sure what you're basing your statement on?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Queens+Wharf,+Auckland,+New+Zealand/188+Hobson+St,+Auckland,+1010,+New+Zealand/@-36.8453856,174.7655759,14z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ff2d2e9eeb:0x80b6b53daaaaed2e!1m2!1m1!1s0x6d0d47ee560671a7:0x597e84c6ffa37053!3e2