Help me pick a cruise please

MamatoJack

I am looking to go on a cruise mid-May and while I was looking at Carnival Sensation going to HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau it is getting pricier with the exchange rate. When I look at Royal it shows CAD so it is quite a bit less expensive! I am torn between two cruises now though, so I'd like some help choosing if anyone has an opinion :)

I am travelling with my son who is 6. We did a cruise on Carnival Liberty in February and are hooked on cruising :) He really wants to go to HMC but I suspect Coco Cay would be just as good (he probably won't know the difference at this age lol). We like beach time, he wants to try snorkling and kayaking but BASIC stuff, like from the beach, would be best. So the choices:

First is Enchantment May 16 from Miami going to Coco Cay, Nassau & Key West, no sea days. I am leaning towards this one as it has no sea days, the ship looks better than the other one, but it is $500 or so more for the cabin I'm looking at.

Second is Majesty of the Seas May 16 from Port Canaveral going to Coco Cay & Nassau, one sea day. I think this is right out of dry dock and while I'd prefer the 23rd sailing it seems to not have any early dining left and we cannot do the 8:30. I don't want to risk that :) We had late dining on the Liberty cruise and it was horrible.

Any way! Flights are about the same. It's the ships... as much as I love the price of the Majesty cruise I am not sure if we would like it as much as the other. I also don't know much about Key West, so not sure what we would like to do there, I don't think there is a beach near by. Thanks for any comments/help! :)

I'm booked on the same Enchantment itinerary for July, with my 7 year olds. I've done the Enchantment Bahamas cruise several times (minus Key West - this will be our first with Key West), with the kids once before. It's a great cruise.

Coco Cay is a fantastic beach day, with great basic activities for kids. I've been to Key West once before, not on a cruise and before having kids. It's fun to visit. With the kids I'm doing the CityView hop-on-hop-off trolley tour to see all the sites, mainly because we are going in July and it will be too hot for any of the walking tours, but May will be slightly less hot.

As for the ships, I have read the rooms on Majesty are incredibly small because it's older.

I am looking to go on a cruise mid-May and while I was looking at Carnival Sensation going to HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau it is getting pricier with the exchange rate. When I look at Royal it shows CAD so it is quite a bit less expensive! I am torn between two cruises now though, so I'd like some help choosing if anyone has an opinion :)

I am travelling with my son who is 6. We did a cruise on Carnival Liberty in February and are hooked on cruising :) He really wants to go to HMC but I suspect Coco Cay would be just as good (he probably won't know the difference at this age lol). We like beach time, he wants to try snorkling and kayaking but BASIC stuff, like from the beach, would be best. So the choices:

First is Enchantment May 16 from Miami going to Coco Cay, Nassau & Key West, no sea days. I am leaning towards this one as it has no sea days, the ship looks better than the other one, but it is $500 or so more for the cabin I'm looking at.

Second is Majesty of the Seas May 16 from Port Canaveral going to Coco Cay & Nassau, one sea day. I think this is right out of dry dock and while I'd prefer the 23rd sailing it seems to not have any early dining left and we cannot do the 8:30. I don't want to risk that :) We had late dining on the Liberty cruise and it was horrible.

Any way! Flights are about the same. It's the ships... as much as I love the price of the Majesty cruise I am not sure if we would like it as much as the other. I also don't know much about Key West, so not sure what we would like to do there, I don't think there is a beach near by. Thanks for any comments/help! :)

With the Enchantment doing the 5 day cruise out of Miami with 3 port days, we consider this an easy choice, pick the Enchantment, better itinerary, better ship!

Do Majesty while your cruising experiences are still in their beginnings and your son is younger. We took our kids on Monarch for their first experiences and all of us had a wonderful time. Once we took them on the bigger ships it is harder to go backwards.