PHOTO REVIEW: H turns GOLD on the Carnival Conquest (Fun Times, New Menus)

ProfCruise

Thanks for another great review, H! My Andrew is about 6 months younger than you and is quite jealous that you get to cruise as often as you do.

If you don't mind a quite personal question, can I ask about how you felt about potties on the big boat? Andrew has PLed, but I'm not sure how he's going to do with the potties on the big boat. Did your mom bring a little one for you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I almost hate to interrupt the thread but just gotta say how much I LOVE this review! Great pics and so funny :)

Don't worry about interrupting, no one will notice -- they just scroll through for the photos. LOL -- thanks so much for being one of the few who have actually read it! :)

Great review! As I mentioned all the way back on page 1, we were on your sailing, H, and I was apprehensive (but open-minded)about the AT / AF menu. I was pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed every meal. I did not miss the tablecloths on casual evenings, and like you, appreciated them on formal evenings. Our waitstaff was fantastic as well; always refilled our water glasses, food was served with a smile, and bar service was prompt. No complaints from us, H!

So glad you enjoyed it too! Count that as 2 families who don't hate AT / AF. LOL. Thanks so much for reading!

Thank you! To you for a wonderful and funny and details and insightful review! And thanks to mom and grandma for being such good sports! [emoji6] I will be very interested in your Carnival vs NCL. Safe travels!

Thanks for your kind words (I'll even pass your thanks on to mom and grandma even though I was the one who was the good sport!). Have you ever sailed NCL? If so, what did you think of it?

Thank you for the great review, H. You are the best advertisement Carnival (and probably NCL in the future) has. Who wouldn't want to go on a cruise after seeing your wonderful pictures of the ports and food and you? Maybe one day we will be paying extra for a chance to Cruise with H!

Thanks for another great review, H! My Andrew is about 6 months younger than you and is quite jealous that you get to cruise as often as you do.

If you don't mind a quite personal question, can I ask about how you felt about potties on the big boat? Andrew has PLed, but I'm not sure how he's going to do with the potties on the big boat. Did your mom bring a little one for you?

Andrew, my man! You're so young to have mastered the potty -- good job dude! As for me, after a few false starts my mom gave up on serious potty training until after our cruise, so I can't speak with any authority on the potty situation. If I had to offer my best guess at advice though, I'd probably practice with the big potty at home (if he's not using that already). If he's comfortable with that, he'll probably be fine (the potties on the boat are actually a bit smaller than a standard one -- so it's actually a bit easier I bet). If he's still not comfortable with a big potty at home, I think I'd pack a little potty just to be safe. Good luck and have fun (and report back with how it goes)! In potty news here, I made it through a whole day at daycare with no accidents (my first day back at daycare since training began). :cool:

What a handsome young man and a great review! I will be taking a 6.5 month old baby on a cruise later this year and hope to turn him into a well behaved frequent cruiser as well!

Take me with you -- I'll show him the ropes! (If not, have fun anyway!)

Thank you for the great review, H. You are the best advertisement Carnival (and probably NCL in the future) has. Who wouldn't want to go on a cruise after seeing your wonderful pictures of the ports and food and you? Maybe one day we will be paying extra for a chance to Cruise with H!

Why not now? It's still the off-season (so my ticket would be pretty reasonable) and I happen to be available. Are there any cruises that leave on a Wednesday? Thanks so much for reading!!!

H, I give your folks credit for taking you on a cruise before you're potty trained. We thought our oldest son was going to start kindergarten in diapers.:eek: We liked American Table/American Feast as well. And for your mom, she got a better holiday bonus from her school than DH got from his school. He got a card.:p Thanks for sharing your review, and I look forward to your future adventures!

No I haven't cruised NCL yet. I am look at it for an option later this year. I travel solo unless I beg or fork over the dough for the cruise portion and have someone go with me. NCL has a studio cabin for the solo cruiser which I s cheaper than paying for two. I might be more frugal and I gather you mom understands frugal!

Andrew, my man! You're so young to have mastered the potty -- good job dude! As for me, after a few false starts my mom gave up on serious potty training until after our cruise, so I can't speak with any authority on the potty situation. If I had to offer my best guess at advice though, I'd probably practice with the big potty at home (if he's not using that already). If he's comfortable with that, he'll probably be fine (the potties on the boat are actually a bit smaller than a standard one -- so it's actually a bit easier I bet). If he's still not comfortable with a big potty at home, I think I'd pack a little potty just to be safe. Good luck and have fun (and report back with how it goes)! In potty news here, I made it through a whole day at daycare with no accidents (my first day back at daycare since training began). :cool:

Mom played the Daniel Tiger potty episode until I was brainwashed. That song is catchy! Congrats on your first day back at daycare. I stay at home with my great grandma when Mom goes and temps.

-A-

Edited by LilMissScareAll

I'm so sad its almost over! I always love your reviews.

I'm taking my little grandsons on the Big Boat this Oct. They will be 18 month and 3.5. Please give me your best advice so I can pass it on to there mom and dad. I'm super excited to be doing a family cruise yet nervous about how it will go with the kids being so young.

Our next cruise is on NCL this March too.. would love to be sailing with you for a few High Five's. Do let us know over here when your review is posted incase we forget to check over there!

Thanks for all of the food and menu pictures. Makes me even more excited for our 21 cruise on the Pride with the American Table menus.

I know that a lot of people like to trash them but I for one am super excited for them and you've really made it more so.

When I return I'll be posting my 21 night salute to food (American Table style).

Al Gore may or may not have invented the internet, but I can tell you with 100% confidence that mom destroyed it by deleting these Fish and Chips and Pizza Pirate photos.

Fish and Chips

fishandchips_zpstiloyocy.jpg

Pizza Pirate

pizzapirate1_zpsvgvtq85k.jpg

pizzapirate2_zpspykz30xl.jpg

pizzapirate3_zpsoqnuevd4.jpg

Okay, I think we're all settled up except for the sherbet you owe me for reading this review (Oh, I forgot to tell you that it's free to click on the review, but there's a charge to read it? I sound like a Carnival photographer.).

I'm so sad its almost over! I always love your reviews.

I'm taking my little grandsons on the Big Boat this Oct. They will be 18 month and 3.5. Please give me your best advice so I can pass it on to there mom and dad. I'm super excited to be doing a family cruise yet nervous about how it will go with the kids being so young.

Our next cruise is on NCL this March too.. would love to be sailing with you for a few High Five's. Do let us know over here when your review is posted incase we forget to check over there!

My best advice would be to let them eat whatever they want and never make them nap. Now, MOM's best advice would be the following:

1) Rig up a shower curtain held up with magnetic hooks on the ceiling around the crib, so the 18 month old (and maybe even the 3 year old) has some separation from the rest of the room. Here's a photo:

special%20bed_zpsh5gadj2i.jpg

2) Bring some plastic sandwich bags and fill them up at breakfast each day with Cheerios, raisins, etc. to bribe the kiddos with throughout the day.

3) Try to stick with their normal sleep schedule as much as possible. Or establish a new routine for the trip and stick to it at all cost (even if it means doing a little less...think quality, not quantity).

4) Be flexible, manage expectations, and bring along a little extra patience. Everything won't go as planned, but that's okay. Adapt and have a great time together as a family!

I'm so excited for you. Be sure to report back! :D

H, I give your folks credit for taking you on a cruise before you're potty trained. We thought our oldest son was going to start kindergarten in diapers.:eek: We liked American Table/American Feast as well. And for your mom, she got a better holiday bonus from her school than DH got from his school. He got a card.:p Thanks for sharing your review, and I look forward to your future adventures!

Cards with nothing in them are worse than nothing! lol.

thanks for all of the food and menu pictures. Makes me even more excited for our 21 cruise on the pride with the american table menus.

I know that a lot of people like to trash them but i for one am super excited for them and you've really made it more so.

When i return i'll be posting my 21 night salute to food (american table style).

omg, yes please!!!!!!!