Advice on Conquest vs Breeze

lukeduke07

Need some help. Got a good christmas bonus this year and am going to surprise the family with a last minute cruise for winter break in February.

Looking at what's available, there is a 6 day on the breeze that sails to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Falmouth. Balconies are cheap on this one.

The 2nd option is an 8 day on the conquest that sails to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, and Grand Turk. All thats eft on this one is OV, Inside. The cost is about $400 more for conquest but the ports are more of what we like.

We would be flying into FLL so wither one we would have to book the same flight.

Been on both classes of ships and like them both (dream and liberty)

Someone help me make up my mind!

also, if anyone has stayed in an OV on the conquest forward or aft on deck 1 or 2 can you tell me how the room slept.

Thanks!!!

We stayed in a Porthole cabin on Conquest in 2014. You will definitely feel the ship move...there were several times when we "hit whales"--not really, but the ship would jump and there would be a loud noise. If you're a light sleeper, not the best option, but since I'm a heavy sleeper, didn't have any issues.

As to the ship itself, I think it depends on what you want from the ship. We've sailed on Conquest the last two years with Carnival, and while it's a nice ship, there is no Serenity area, and I got spoiled after sailing on Sunshine in terms of amenities and food choices to the point that Conquest seemed sort of a let down on the food options front.

We haven't sailed on Breeze yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

We have the best of both worlds...the Breeze doing the Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten run.

I would always take 8 days over 6. We did the Conquest this April and have it booked for this coming March. The same itinerary you are talking about. It was a very good cruise. The islands are great and the ship is pretty good.

This is so funny! I had the same exact dilemma for this April. I went with the Breeze though. We saved $400 :D.

If you really LOVE the ports that the Conquest sails to, go for the Conquest.

I've been to most of the islands on that itinerary and they are amazing places to relax.

If you want a ship with all the bells and whistles, go for the Breeze.

If money is a factor, that $400 could be used for excursions or airfare for the Breeze.

Best of Luck!

Edited by peaceloveandsandyfeet

I may be biased because I think I'm on the sailing you are looking at on the Conquest, but the 8 day itinerary is better than the Breeze one, in my opinion. That was why we booked it.

Something to keep in mind for the Conquest one, if it is the one I think it is, is that you will not only be sailing during the Super Bowl, but there is a Super Bowl group cruise booked on this sailing. I honestly don't know how that will affect the cruise, but I do know it will likely be more of a party atmosphere than some other cruises that time of year.

Sailed both the Breeze and the Conquest more than once.

If you are going for ports, I definitely would pick the Conquest, plus you get 2 extra days.

If going for the ship I would definitely pick the Breeze.

Stayed in forward porthole cabin on the Conquest. 2 twins that made a king and a couch. Lots of room in that cabin. I did not feel any more movement than in the middle or back but there were loud noises such as anchor dropping when getting into port early. The hallways were quiet though.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Sailed on both the Breeze and Conquest this year, both for 8 days.

The Breeze is a beautiful ship and very big and the Conquest has some signs of age. We loved the Conquest and are leaving Saturday once again on her for 8 days..

We have an aft OV cabin on the very back of the ship. We have stayed in many aft cabins on several ships and have never had any issues.

I will let you know how it was when we return.

Have sailed on the Breeze and will have to say it is my favorite Carnival ship. Having said that, we are booking the Conquest, for a March sailing, TODAY. Always love having something to look forward to. By the way, my daughter and her family live in Dallas (Ga.) and we are in Newnan.

Have sailed on the Breeze and will have to say it is my favorite Carnival ship. Having said that, we are booking the Conquest, for a March sailing, TODAY. Always love having something to look forward to. By the way, my daughter and her family live in Dallas (Ga.) and we are in Newnan.

We decided on the Conquest and booked this past weekend. Unfortunately, I waited too long and flights have doubled!:mad:

We just moved from Dallas to Winston (Douglas County) in October. Small World :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need some help. Got a good christmas bonus this year and am going to surprise the family with a last minute cruise for winter break in February.

Looking at what's available, there is a 6 day on the breeze that sails to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Falmouth. Balconies are cheap on this one.

The 2nd option is an 8 day on the conquest that sails to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, and Grand Turk. All thats eft on this one is OV, Inside. The cost is about $400 more for conquest but the ports are more of what we like.

We would be flying into FLL so wither one we would have to book the same flight.

Been on both classes of ships and like them both (dream and liberty)

Someone help me make up my mind!

also, if anyone has stayed in an OV on the conquest forward or aft on deck 1 or 2 can you tell me how the room slept.

Thanks!!!

Just returned from the NYE cruise on the Conquest. We had an aft cabin (#2481) which is the very back of the ship.

We have sailed many times on Carnival and have had cabins in all areas of the ship, but this one was by far the worst cabin we have ever had with regards to noise.

First, the seas were very rough which made it alot worse. The first night we couldnt sleep at all due to the grinding of the engines and rocking of the ship.

I found out the next day that there were terrible storms during the night and caused the ship to have to pick up speed to reach our destination on time.

Although the last 3 or 4 nights were not as bad, it still was far too noisy for me.

In addition, that part of the ship had an awful odor in the hallways. I could not figure out what it was, but it was like an "oily" smell.

Anyway, we still had a fabulous time and this would not stop us from going on Carnival or the Conquest again. The Conquest happens to be one of my favorite ships.

One suggestion that I have is if you enjoy dune buggys, we did the dune buggy adventure shore excursion (booked through Carnival) in Grand Turk and it was awesome! We had such a great time! (be prepared to get very dirty!!).

Happy Sailing!