VIFP Status Change on Docs

BiggDawg

So, getting ready to cruise again on Carnival.

Last week, when I printed out our receipts and boarding passes, next to the VIFP Membership number it showed the level of each of the members of our party: They ranged from Blue to Platinum, depending on the person.

Today, for all members, it no longer shows level, but simply "N."

So, where it used to say: XXXXXXXXXX - Color

now it just shows: XXXXXXXXXX - N

It did this for all of us, regardless of level.

The only member of our party who would have changed status during the cruise was the Blue (obviously). None of the rest of us would have changed.

Any ideas on what "N" means?

Y- yes

N-no

But for what? No idea. Is it possible that Y is the first designated person on the booking?

"No" and "Yes" are obvious conclusions, especially what
troublemaker
posted, above.

But not the first in the booking. In our case, 5 cruisers, 3 cabins,
ALL
are now "N."

Could it have to do with TSA? Though we are all pre-checked with full valid passports, which usually gets us fast tracked through TSA.

Or, could it have to do with the health questionnaire? Though it is still to early to have prepared that (more than 3 days).

Have no idea what the answer is but I'll add that we are two Platinum cruisers and our booking summary now shows "N" for each of us. We've completed the online check in but have not yet printed the health questionnaires.

Not sure how the health questionnaire would affect this since isn't it just a printable form to be completed just prior to check-in? Can't see how it could affect the assignment of the "Y" or "N" next to the names.

Hmmmm... great mystery!

Just looked at the boarding pass I printed 2 months ago and the one now showing and the N/Y pertains to Transfer Services. N=no ytransfer, Y=yes transfer.

I would assume that Troublemaker and his wife will both get to the ship in the same way, yet they show different letters: y and n.

I would assume that Troublemaker and his wife will both get to the ship in the same way, yet they show different letters: y and n.

Don't know but I can tell you the boarding pass at the bottom had Fun Ship Transfers and now it does not, just the N/Y

Just looked at the boarding pass I printed 2 months ago and the one now showing and the N/Y pertains to Transfer Services. N=no transfer, Y=yes transfer.

Ah, now I thought we had the mystery solved.

None of our party are utilizing the transfers.

But then along comes Kittybork with impeccable logic, and I seem to be back where we started:

Ah, now I thought we had the mystery solved.

None of our party are utilizing the transfers.

But then along comes Kittybork with impeccable logic, and I seem to be back where we started:

Maybe the other poster will come back and tell us that he and his wife are meeting at the port and coming in different ways.

Who knows?

Another added mystery (or aggravation): our luggage tags no longer say "Priority", but the ones we already printed do have that label.

I just checked my previously printed luggage tags and boarding passes, and they both say Platinum or Priority. When I look at the ones on the Carnival site, they do not. No priority, no Platinum. They say N. What IS going on?:confused: This cruise is scheduled for the end of January on the Victory.

Another added mystery (or aggravation): our luggage tags no longer say "Priority", but the ones we already printed do have that label.

Whoah! :rolleyes:

I just checked the luggage tags online and everything was gone!

I mean, the color code, the Priority label (actually it wasn't "Priority" but it meant the same), everything except the booking number and the cabin reference. :confused:

Fortunately I have the originals... :p

But I didn't get the boarding passes or luggage tags for the other two cabins. I hope this get straightened out before the cruise (in a week and a half).

Edited by BiggDawg

I noticed the same thing yesterday, we are leaving on a cruise next month and I had previously printed my docs/luggage tags and said priority with TBD for cabin (I am platinum). Went back last night to see if our room was assigned and still says TBD but no reference to Priority. What gives???

I posted this on another thread but my "Check in Time of 10:00AM" replaced by "Embarkation Time of 12:00 to 3:00" I checked my already printed boarding pass and is says "Check in time 10:00AM".

On topic - Mine says "N" also and we not doing a transfer and we are arriving the day before.

Edited by dhaza

We are booked on the Sunshine for 1/16. I printed our Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags after final payment. Boarding passes show PRIORITY and Platinum and Luggage Tags show PRIORITY and have the FTTF logo.

Just looked at the Docs on the Carnival web site and no PRIORITY, no Platinum on the Boarding Pass and no PRIORITY or FTTF on the luggage tags. The Boarding Pass for each of us has an N where Platinum was originally.

Go figure.:confused::confused:

Oh No!! :eek: I just checked my documents for the 1st part of our B2B that sails on Sunday. It seems like we have the same problem as everyone else. On our boarding passes, it has my Mom and my VIFP numbers but after them, just the N (we're both Platinum). We haven't bought transfers and are flying into Ft Lauderdale (then driving to Miami) the day before. Our luggage tags also seem to have a problem, they no longer say Priority, just our booking number and cabin number. I'm very happy I printed everything a few days ago when it all said what it should say!! :D Hopefully, we won't have a problem when we get to the cruise port (since our boarding passes and luggage tags say something other than what they would if I printed them now).

Edited by Avril