Carnival Legend to Alaska or Pride/Sunshine to Bermuda

NOSaints1

Two destinations I have in mind Legend or the ones to Bermuda. How is the Legend to Alaska or Carnival. Is it worth cruising Carnival to Alaska, how is the ship is it in good condition? How're the staterooms, dining and onboard entertainment.

Which ship do you think would be better the Pride/Sunshine is it easier to sail out of Baltimore or NY, I'm somewhat familiar with the Sunshine from people's reviews but no so much the Pride.

Is April 30th a good time or to early?

Vancouver, British Columbia - At Sea - Tracy Arm, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska - Skagway, Alaska - Glacier Bay, Alaska - Ketchikan, Alaska - At Sea - Seattle, Washington

Not sure if that's a good intenary 671 for an inside, plus 200 something in taxes

Season for Alaska doesn't start until May. I would take Alaska any day over the Caribbean. It's actually breathtaking. I plan to book a cruise to Alaska in May as well. Can't decide whether it will be Princess or Carnival. I've been on the Grand Princess which leaves out of San Francisco but never been on the Legend. Looks like I may lean towards Carnival even though we're getting close to being elite on Princess. I like both cruise lines.

I just booked the Carnival Legend for May 24, 2016 Alaska. I booked it using our Discover Card which is giving us 10% cash back ($233.00). You have to book it through the Discover Card travel agency found at the Discover Card website. I also looked at flights with Southwest from Sacramento to Seattle - $49 one way pp. Cheaper than driving to San Francisco and parking our car for $18/day and board a Princess ship which was over $1,800 more than Carnival.

In early May- it simply is too early for Tracy Arm, and with the "regular" cruise sailing- also be aware- in my opinion it is "necessary" to purchase the add on ship excursion. Carnival has a long history of the ship NOT getting past Sawyer Island, where you only have a distant, partial view of the South Sawyer glacier. The add on tour is grossly superior. The OP's special sailing has Glacier Bay which you'd see at least 4 glaciers (although some people do miss some of them).

I have taken Carnival to Alaska, including this year, they have, whom I consider 1 of the top 3 ship naturalists sailing Alaska, which really enhance the trip for first timers. I sail there every year, I also usually go to Bermuda every year as well. I never consider prior to Memorial Day. Just too cold in the water for my preferences.

Both very different places, and certainly both very enjoyable to visit. A big difference- however is "excursions". You can get by, real cheap in Bermuda, in my opinion, in Alaska you can't and is never the place to skimp in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my two cents worth.. we cruised on Miracle 2 years ago, to aLASKA.. HAD A vISTA sUITE..(AWESOME CABIN).. HOWEVER, the route that Carnival went, left a lot to be desired..we had previously sailed alaska on RCCL, and there was no comparison. we literally had more than 2 days, where all we saw was water. a real shame, as there is much more to see! I use (now) travelocity's site to look at the map, and the route that will be taken. Not trying to bash Carnival, as it IS my favorite cruiseline... just, maybe not for Alaska..