Anthem Underwhelming

sblair

Fighting for not working technology doesn't sound like a relaxing cruise.

I hope RC will not loose my reservations...;)

The worst part was that they basically were making very little attempt to fix until I really dug in on them and had a sit down meeting with the Dir of Guest Services in her office. Even after that she was trying to fix it but the other depts. were being very uncooperative with her.

I've got very little tolerance for that BS.

I appreciate your review and thoughts. I am hoping my experience on Anthem in May will be better, with less bugs and reservations that don't disappear!

I'm already wondering over to Norwegian and now to MSC as well, so if this isn't as great as they make it out to seem, it's just another push away.

Anthem is a different cruise experience. I believe the younger you are the more you will like the experience. We are a couple in our 60's and while the technology is amazing, the main shows are just not our thing. Make reservations online for everything and all will be well. Lobster every night if you want it is great.

Anthem is a different cruise experience. I believe the younger you are the more you will like the experience. We are a couple in our 60's and while the technology is amazing, the main shows are just not our thing. Make reservations online for everything and all will be well. Lobster every night if you want it is great.

Younger PAX will NOT tolerate not working tech and glitches - they will jump the ship:rolleyes:

I'm in my 60's and I loved Quantum, sailed on her 3 times while she was here. Looking forward to Anthem on Friday. We are lucky that there are so many different ships to choose from. Something for everyone.

Younger PAX will NOT tolerate not working tech and glitches - they will jump the ship:rolleyes:

Yep! I'm in my early 40's and a software engineer. I have a low threshold for poorly implemented technology. The ship was full of that, especially the RoyalIQ app was the biggest issue.

BUT, just because I'm very comfortable with technology doesn't mean I think everything should be done using technology. There are plenty of times I would much rather be able to talk to or deal with a real person rather than the technology. When the technology is poorly done, that just makes it a 1000 times worse!

I was caught up in the reviews earlier, but reading some positive reviews lately. Looking forward to ours on Anthem this summer. We plan on having a good time and not focusing on the negs, but I may do a day to day briefing on events at the end of our day.

Just hoping the pre-check in comes soon and ability to book restaurants, entertainment, etc.