Boarding Pass & GUest Info - Name not showing all chars

dcs1989

I'm taking my dad on his first cruise on January 3rd. I booked his room through a PVP and my PVP told me his name will be cut off because it is too many characters but it is not a problem.

I've called back to speak with a different rep to confirm and they said the same thing - but I know sometimes the answers you get on the phone are different then when actually at the cruise port.

I'm printing all my cruise docs and just want to see if anyone has had any issues with boarding since their name did not show all characters on the boarding pass. His is only missing one character and its obvious - but you never know.

If you were told the name would be truncated by 2 different Carnival reps and you in fact see the name truncated when you print his documents, that is a limitation of Carnival's booking system.

Since they are well aware of it, I don't see how it could cause a problem at check in.

I'm taking my dad on his first cruise on January 3rd. I booked his room through a PVP and my PVP told me his name will be cut off because it is too many characters but it is not a problem.

I've called back to speak with a different rep to confirm and they said the same thing - but I know sometimes the answers you get on the phone are different then when actually at the cruise port.

I'm printing all my cruise docs and just want to see if anyone has had any issues with boarding since their name did not show all characters on the boarding pass. His is only missing one character and its obvious - but you never know.

As long as your PVP inputted all letters of your Dad's name, no problem. While it may not be spelled in full on your cruise docs or airplane ticket, it will be there for TSA, the cruiseline and airlines to see.

I have a little different problem, my middle initial is an A, and my first name is Robert. Most airlines, even those I have million mile status on, print out my name as Roberta. After several episodes and frantic phone calls, I've learned to ignore the printing limitations of the industry.

It's not a problem at all. As a travel agent I see it all the time with people from Mexico who have two last names. I've also sailed with a friend whose name came out as Christophe instead of Christopher. It is pretty ridiculous that they haven't fixed this, but it doesn't cause any problems. As long as the rest of the name is spelled correctly you will be fine.

It will not be an issue.

Merry Christmas!