No more fixed dining times in MDR?

DonRobertoSanJuan

We looked at a cruise at the end of 2016 and were not given the option for fixed time dining (only select dining). Is Celebrity getting away from fixed time dining in the MDR? Another Celebrity cruise around the same time offered fixed time dining, but only one dining time (6PM). :eek:

Celebrity Cruises offers "traditional dining," meaning that guests will have an assigned table in our main dining room at the same dining time each evening of their cruise.

Celebrity Select is the Celebrity Cruises flexible dining option. With Celebrity Select Dining, guests can arrive to be seated for dinner in the main dining room at any time between 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, or can make reservations to dine at any time that they choose within that timeframe.

Celebrity Cruises offers "traditional dining," meaning that guests will have an assigned table in our main dining room at the same dining time each evening of their cruise.

Celebrity Select is the Celebrity Cruises flexible dining option. With Celebrity Select Dining, guests can arrive to be seated for dinner in the main dining room at any time between 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, or can make reservations to dine at any time that they choose within that timeframe.

Was this post supposed to be helpful? The issue is that we can't book early or late seating for cruises in 2017/2018...we are only offered select dining.

Please address that issue...the topic of this thread. How can early and late seating be filled when the cruise has just been opened up so the only choice is select dining?

In June I booked a Feb 2017 cruise on the Eclipse and Early traditional wasn't available. I was assigned Select and I still can't get early. My travel agent said he'd get me traditional but it still hasn't happened. No way is it filled a year and a half in advance.

Can you address the issue with not being able to book main or late

fixed seating so far in advance of many sailing dates.

Is there any adjustments being considered to maybe make fixed an option for those passengers NOT wanting to eat anywhere else but MDR and at least initially committing to that eating arrangement?

Celebrity needs to help those passengers wanting that experience vs only promoting flexibility to eat where you want. Some like fixed MDR with table mates vs table for 8 and only 2 there most nights. May not be a very good solution that works every time, but at least Celebrity should earnestly try, IMHO.

With the price of specialty restaurants continuing to rise above many passengers sense of fair value for the product/service offered, fixed dining may become popular again. :)