Do 3rd/4th person pay less? How much?

skrapngal

Have you tried going on the Princess website? It asks you for number of passengers. You should be able to figure it out by putting in two then doing the same thing with three or four. I think it will also depend on the cruise.

3/4 passenger Launch pricing (when cruises first go on sale) is about 50% of the first two passengers. Princess can later have sales where just the price for the first two passengers is reduced or sales that greatly reduce the price for the 3/4 passengers.

For instance, Princess currently has one sale on a 10 day Mexico cruise where balcony pricing for the first two passengers starts at $899 each but the 3/4 pricing is $774 each and another sale on a 12 day Med cruise where balcony pricing for the first two passengers starts at $3,499 each but 3/4 pricing is $599 each.

3rd and 4th pricing is not what it used to be. Gone are the days of $199/$299 etc fares.

You will find 3rd and 4th fares all over the map.

As of late (8 months or so) I have seen many more offerings at lower prices.

Can you find some deals? Yes.......

But IMO they are still way to high. :(

Yes. You can see the 3rd/4th person pricing in the same cabin for any cat. and cruise on the Princess website. Fares can change when there are promos, although I have not seen very many recent promos with highly discounted 3rd/4th passenger fares. All passengers are charged the same daily hotel charge (auto-tip) to their on board account. No discount there.

We are currently on a 10 day Mexican Rivera cruise. Our suite was 6k for DW and I (each). Including our son as the 3rd in our cabin was an additional 1.9k. This was the call-in-and-book-it price with no promotions or specials. Hope our referent gives you some idea. HAL lets book additionals for $500 if you have some loyalty status.

We are currently on a 10 day Mexican Rivera cruise. Our suite was 6k for DW and I (each). Including our son as the 3rd in our cabin was an additional 1.9k. This was the call-in-and-book-it price with no promotions or specials. Hope our referent gives you some idea. HAL lets you book additionals for $500 if you have some loyalty status.

We leave tomorrow on an 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise. DH and I were about $3k for a balcony. We paid another $1k for our 3 year old son.

Also wanted to mention that 3 people can only cruise in certain rooms. Even though we promised that our son would sleep in our bed, they would only let us book a room with a pull down third bed (that will never be used on our cruise). There was only one cabin on the whole ship available two months ago when we booked that could accommodate the third passenger.

DH and I paid full price for an accessible mini on the Regal in Jan 2016. My FIL was only $299 plus port fees and gratuity. We picked this specific cruise because the 3rd passenger was cheaper. All the other lines wanted full fare for the 3rd. Maybe it's demand driven?

DH and I paid full price for an accessible mini on the Regal in Jan 2016. My FIL was only $299 plus port fees and gratuity. We picked this specific cruise because the 3rd passenger was cheaper. All the other lines wanted full fare for the 3rd. Maybe it's demand driven?

For sure demand driven.........

You got a good deal for the 3rd. Not many of those available. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser