Star--Where does 4th person sleep?

LC253

I'm holding back from booking a balcony cabin right now on the Star because I can't figure out where the 4th person sleeps! There's 2 twin beds/queen and a twin that pulls down from the ceiling....That's 3....Where's the 4th?

I'm holding back from booking a balcony cabin right now on the Star because I can't figure out where the 4th person sleeps! There's 2 twin beds/queen and a twin that pulls down from the ceiling....That's 3....Where's the 4th?

Could be a 3 person cabin with a rollaway. I would strongly suggest you try and get a cabin with 2 additional bunks (from the ceiling) and stay away from the rollaway situation. It takes up a lot of room and is a safety hazard IMO.

If you click on the room, there will be information about the 3/4 passenger sleeping. Not all cabins accommodate 3 or 4 people but most balcony cabins that sleep 4 should have two pull down beds. When you do your booking, select 4 passengers and only you will only see the cabins that sleep 4.

If you click on the room, there will be information about the 3/4 passenger sleeping. Not all cabins accommodate 3 or 4 people but most balcony cabins that sleep 4 should have two pull down beds. When you do your booking, select 4 passengers and only you will only see the cabins that sleep 4.
When I briefly looked at cabins on the Star that accommodated 4 passengers, the only option was twin lower beds and two uppers. Because of the ladder to the upper bunks, the lower bed arrangement is typically only twin beds. If you are seeing the option of a queen and one upper you are looking at cabins that only accommodate three passengers. Edited by IECalCruiser

Thank you! Yeah, definitely don't want a rollaway in the room. I see now where it says "2 UPPERS"....Don't know how I missed that! But I'm still wondering where the heck the 2nd upper is.....I see one is basically in front of the balcony..

4 people in a room is very tight, try a Mini Suite you have Elbow room with a fold out couch and a bunk just above the sofa

Works great

Yeah, I know. =\ We had a mini suite on the Pearl & it was great. This cruise is more costly though & is a splurge in itself on a pricier line w/ an itinerary that isn't offered a lot...& it's another $800 for a mini suite. I hope it's not too bad...1 is a toddler. My hope is prices will go down & we can upgrade.

Yeah, I know. =\ We had a mini suite on the Pearl & it was great. This cruise is more costly though & is a splurge in itself on a pricier line w/ an itinerary that isn't offered a lot...& it's another $800 for a mini suite. I hope it's not too bad...1 is a toddler. My hope is prices will go down & we can upgrade.
Be careful about changing cabins with an upgrade. Just because a cabin can accommodate four passengers doesn't mean that you can book four passengers in that cabin when the ship starts to fill up,

Thank you! Yeah, definitely don't want a rollaway in the room. I see now where it says "2 UPPERS"....Don't know how I missed that! But I'm still wondering where the heck the 2nd upper is.....I see one is basically in front of the balcony..

In a standard cat. balcony cabin the lower beds are split into the twin positions and there is a bunk bed that comes down from the ceiling over twin bed.

In a mini suite a bunk bed is lowered from the ceiling over the sofa and partially blocks access to the balcony.