Diamond Princess

anjo

Hello Everyone, and Seasons Greetings. Boarding DP on 30th Dec [Yaay] unfortunately only 4 days but better than none!! Was wondering, I know there will be a lot of Kiddies on board but is there an Adults only pool or a quieter one?Also haven't been on her since 2011 so whats new and what should I look out for? Do they still have the drink of the day in Skywalkers lounge for Platinum and Elite members or has it been replaced with something else. Free internet still available? Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Anjo.

Hi,

There are 2 adults only pools:

• Pool located in the Sanctuary (pay to use area) - an adults only area. We were on a cruise 8-21Dec & saw 1 person in there - it was not heavily used at all
  • Terrace pool deck 12 AFT pool is also adults only

Note there is also the large hot tub area in the Japanese bath - also adults only area.

Something we really noticed is that none of the pools are heated and they were pretty darn cold. We were on the Diamond for 2 cruises this year 29 Sep & also 8 Dec & I have to say the pools had not warmed up much from Sept to Dec and that includes the indoor Calypso pool. We went in once as it was too cold to be enjoyable - that said we were on NZ runs so it wasnt hugely hot outside either.

The various hot tubs located around the decks are all heated.

I am not sure in regards to the drink of the day for Plats/Elite or free net but I am sure you'll get some other replies soon.

Have a great cruise!

Hello Everyone, and Seasons Greetings. Boarding DP on 30th Dec [Yaay] unfortunately only 4 days but better than none!! Was wondering, I know there will be a lot of Kiddies on board but is there an Adults only pool or a quieter one?Also haven't been on her since 2011 so whats new and what should I look out for? Do they still have the drink of the day in Skywalkers lounge for Platinum and Elite members or has it been replaced with something else. Free internet still available? Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Anjo.

Free 'net for Plat's yes, not sure how much (if any) for 4 days though.

I don't that even this cruise will have "lots of kiddies" never seen what I'd call "LOTS" on any Princess cruise from Aus.

Free 'net for Plat's yes, not sure how much (if any) for 4 days though.

I don't that even this cruise will have "lots of kiddies" never seen what I'd call "LOTS" on any Princess cruise from Aus.

I agree - our Sep cruise was 1/2 in school hols & there were very few kids & same for the 8-21 Dec - more kids than the Sep one but not a lot at all.