Free drink package promo

mpoole3

Just a heads up - If anyone is looking to book a Europe cruise for Summer 2016; Royal Caribbean is going to start a new BOGO promo starting on January 4th, with a Free Select package (on select ships, didn't see Harmony listed).

On the NCL "free drink" package drinks are unlimited. (no water) BUT, you pay the 18% gratuity on a set gratuity per day, NOT on what you drink but a fixed gratuity of about 20 to 30 dollars a day per per person) So, if you just think I will have a glass or two of wine for my partner and it could cost $50.00 (aprox) for the "free" wine.

Nothing is for nothing....unless you think RCCL is in business to give stuff away for free.

This is what NCL does, let us see what the RCCL gratuity system will be.

(in the past NCL would charge your account for the drink, add the gratuity, then zero out the drink and only leave the gratuity on your bill. They changed to the flat gratuity system recently.)

On the NCL "free drink" package drinks are unlimited. (no water) BUT, you pay the 18% gratuity on a set gratuity per day, NOT on what you drink but a fixed gratuity of about 20 to 30 dollars a day per per person) So, if you just think I will have a glass or two of wine for my partner and it could cost $50.00 (aprox) for the "free" wine.

Nothing is for nothing....unless you think RCCL is in business to give stuff away for free.

This is what NCL does, let us see what the RCCL gratuity system will be.

(in the past NCL would charge your account for the drink, add the gratuity, then zero out the drink and only leave the gratuity on your bill. They changed to the flat gratuity system recently.)

The fixed gratuity on NCL is 18% of the cost the package would cost. It's about $11 per day, not $20 or $30. When I had the package on NCL last year, it included the gratuity also. They did not charge me extra for every drink (although last time I PAID for the entire package and gratuity-- my next NCL it came as a promo so I only pay $80 for it-- sounds like a win for me)

I had booked Indy for 2 weeks in August under the first buy one get one half price with $200 obc.When this new promo started I went to my ta to ask if I could change to this.She said I could put would loose my £300 deposit.I said that would be fine so we went ahead and cancelled the original booking.She was worried I might have to pay more for my new cabin but luckly as soon as we cancelled my original cabin showed up.We booked it straight away and just had to pay £30 extra.I'm more than happy with this deal as we now have a select drinks package worth £728 instead of the $200 obc which is £134.

Edited by Shocked91