Princess cruiser going on X first time.

bluejays15

Rereading your post #1, it says "I will be taking my first Celebrity Cruise on the Silhouette in January." So there's not much point in trying to poison you with repeated opinions and pictures. Silhouette is not Regal. Period. But it is a wonderful ship in its own right. DW and I prefer smaller ships so our first Celebrity cruise was on Summit, which we enjoyed very much. Our second Celebrity cruise was on Eclipse (one of Silhouette's sisters) -- which we chose because of a unique itinerary but with some trepidation because it wasn't what we were used to -- and we were very pleasantly surprised. The S-class ships are beautiful, very well laid-out [we got the hang of it faster than on any previous cruise], with very good elevators and staircases [did I read that Royal/Regal are deficient in this regard?]. I'm sure there are things on Regal that are "better" than on Silhouette -- but equally there are surely things on Silhouette that are better than on Regal. Go with the attitude that you are looking for those better things, and you'll have a great cruise!

I don't think any who gives their opinion is poisoning anything. Been on those ships and expressing my opinion. Do agree with you on attitude.

Rereading your post #1, it says "I will be taking my first Celebrity Cruise on the Silhouette in January." So there's not much point in trying to poison you with repeated opinions and pictures. Silhouette is not Regal. Period. But it is a wonderful ship in its own right. DW and I prefer smaller ships so our first Celebrity cruise was on Summit, which we enjoyed very much. Our second Celebrity cruise was on Eclipse (one of Silhouette's sisters) -- which we chose because of a unique itinerary but with some trepidation because it wasn't what we were used to -- and we were very pleasantly surprised. The S-class ships are beautiful, very well laid-out [we got the hang of it faster than on any previous cruise], with very good elevators and staircases [did I read that Royal/Regal are deficient in this regard?]. I'm sure there are things on Regal that are "better" than on Silhouette -- but equally there are surely things on Silhouette that are better than on Regal. Go with the attitude that you are looking for those better things, and you'll have a great cruise!

I'll probably get kicked off of this forum. However, I personally believe as a Host you should be a little more open and not so bias in the sense of:

'So there's not much point in trying to poison you with repeated opinions and pictures.'

'Silhouette is not Regal. Period. '

Thank you!

I'll probably get kicked off of this forum. However, I personally believe as a Host you should be a little more open and not so bias in the sense of:

'So there's not much point in trying to poison you with repeated opinions and pictures.'

'Silhouette is not Regal. Period. '

Thank you!

Out of the last 15 posts on this thread, 8 have been yours -- all beating the same drum. That's what I consider bias. BTW, hosts are permitted and encouraged to post their opinions on Cruise Critic. And my opinion is that you are trying to ruin OP's cruise.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Out of the last 15 posts on this thread, 8 have been yours -- all beating the same drum. That's what I consider bias. BTW, hosts are permitted and encouraged to post their opinions on Cruise Critic. And my opinion is that you are trying to ruin OP's cruise.

Ok, your cityhall. I will not post on this forum again.

I do know what your permitted and encouraged to post. I have been on these forums since 2003.

Thank you!

sorry did not mean for this post to get so heated....I think at the end of the day both the Regal princess and the Celebrity Silhouette are amazing ships to cruise on...

I wouldn't worry... After all it is cruise critic and it wouldn't be the same without a few negatives/heated posts flying around... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry to disagree with you on the Celebrity dining rooms being a vast improvement over Princess. We just got off of the Eclipse and then the Regal. Regal had a much more intimate dining experience and the food was much better in quality, selection and quantity.

Celebrity has reduce the menu selection. The right hand side of the menu now contains both the evening menu and the selection every night. On the left hand side was your drinks.

Celebrity MDR is very nosy and if you enter on Deck 3 there is only one entrance into the MDR. If you are seated on the MDR left side you have to weave your way between tables, passengers and waiters to get to your table. There is no clear way.

OP stated that all Princess ships are the same looking. That also applies to all S-Class ships as we have been on all of them, too. Yes, we are Elite Plus on X.

Sorry, was on about the decor and design not food quality. Can't comment on the Regal, as I have not sailed on her yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk