On Board Account NCL Epic

millie1953

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit information if possible. We are on the NCL Epic next week. We have paid tips with final balance, pre-booked the beverage package and do not intend to take any of the ships tours. What are peoples experiences of their final account. As we have not sailed with NCL before I do not want any surprises. Thanks

If taxes are due then, in my experience, they are payable even with the drinks package.

The good news however is that as you are going to Tangiers and the Canary Islands, taxes are only an issue when you are actually in Barcelona (and maybe Malaga if you go there), so shouldn't be all that much.

Edited by KeithJenner

I bought and used a spa pass on the EPIC and purchased a mani/pedi and pair of earrings and a few sodas on board. Other than that I really had no extra charges as I didn't attend any specialty dining venues. So my bill wasn't over the top at all. I think it came to about $250 total and the majority was the spa pass and salon service.

The spa pass price varies by cruise. If there are any still available for pre-purchase (not sold out), the option to buy them, with the price listed, will be available in your online account. If they're sold out, you can try to buy one in the spa on the first day of your cruise. In the past, they were generally $20 more onboard than the pre-pay price. Not sure if that's still the case.

We leave from Barcelona and have 4 at sea days. Visiting Tangiers, Canary Islands and Maderia. Do we pay taxes if the drinks package is pre paid?

My wife and I have done this cruise several times before and other cruises with NCL. If you have the Ultimate Beverage Package then I do not think there are ANY additional tax charges wherever you are. OR gratuities. NONE AT ALL.

We are may be on the same cruise as you. Departing Barcelona 3/1/16.

Have fun.

Robbie and Julie.

If you have the Ultimate Beverage Package then I do not think there are ANY additional tax charges wherever you are. OR gratuities. NONE AT ALL.

It seems from these boards like it can be quite random, but I can say from experience that taxes can be incurred when you have the UBP. We were charged them whilst we were in Barcelona.

My wife and I have done this cruise several times before and other cruises with NCL. If you have the Ultimate Beverage Package then I do not think there are ANY additional tax charges wherever you are. OR gratuities. NONE AT ALL.

We are may be on the same cruise as you. Departing Barcelona 3/1/16.

Have fun.

Robbie and Julie.

I can't speak for Barcelona, but when in Miami you must pay 7% sales tax while in port and one hour after sailaway to ensure you are outside of Florida seas. I had the UBP with my wife and we had about three drinks each which totaled about ten dollars in taxes charged to the account.

If taxes are due then, in my experience, they are payable even with the drinks package.

I have it here in written that for my 11 day Epic med cruise there will be no extra charges (taxes, gratitudes, whatever) with the promotional UBP at all. I can't imagine that the onboard system will be able to differentiate between promotional UBP and pre purchased ones.

I have it here in written that for my 11 day Epic med cruise there will be no extra charges (taxes, gratitudes, whatever) with the promotional UBP at all. I can't imagine that the onboard system will be able to differentiate between promotional UBP and pre purchased ones.

Things may have changed, and reports on here have varied, but I can only talk from my experience.

That experience is that in Barcelona with a promotional UBP we were charged taxes on drinks we got in Barcelona. This was in August this year.

I agree with you that I question whether the system will differentiate once you are onboard whether you purchased the package or it was a promo.

Edited by KeithJenner

Things may have changed, and reports on here have varied, but I can only talk from my experience.

That experience is that in Barcelona with a promotional UBP we were charged taxes on drinks we got in Barcelona. This was in August this year.

I agree with you that I question whether the system will differentiate once you are onboard whether you purchased the package or it was a promo.

I think I have been charged too historically, if you get these charges and you have the UBP you just query it and they remove it from the account.