Review: RC Adventure of the Seas Dec 19 2015

BoopTennis

Enjoying your review so far, though as you can see, I have more than year to go. I couldn't get the menu to open, but bunsburgershop.com has the menu. Looking forward to ship and port pics.

FYI, that burger menu issue was a network issue on my end. Nobody else probably had that issue. Lots of good info so far.

another photo of inside our cabin, almost every day our attendant left behind a fun towel animal. Grandson really enjoyed those (i did also)

ry%3D400

mini-golf 9 hole course up on top. pretty cute course but they are taking it and the inline skating out during dry dock next fall to put in Flowrider

ry%3D480

inline skating course:

ry%3D480

card/game room, we played cards there a couple nights

ry%3D480

card room

ry%3D480

this is a fun place to go...the helipad at the front of the ship. has some benches, generally empty...and you can go all the way up to the front.

ry%3D480

here is a photo of the Deck Chair Police. I watched them take away some people's towels that were sitting there with no people for over an hour

ry%3D480

Sunday St Croix

We docked on the port side. (there was only one stop where we docked on the starboard side). We grabbed breakfast at Windjammer. Lots of discussion about food on cc I know….Windjammer was not “great” but it was fine for me. Lots of choices. Open a lot of hours so you can eat whenever. It’s buffet food, I don’t think you can expect much more than that. But I always found it good enough for me and so did the rest of my family. We ate breakfast one day in the Main Dining Room, that was a little nicer, and lunch in MDR one day. Rest of Breakfast and Lunch and snacks and snacks and snacks we generally went to Windjammer. They had different options on different days which helped. Omelet station was liked by some of my family

OK our excursion for St Croix was the Gecko’s Island Adventures ATV tour. This was AWESOME. A+. We reserved it directly with them not thru the ship. I learned about them both on cc and on TripAdvisor. We rented four ATV’s, 2 people per ATV. Big rugged things heavy duty. They also have a guide with his own ATV that leads your group, and another guide on his own ATV in the rear to make sure everyone is ok.

You walk off the ship and their little office is just a block or so into town. We met about 15 minutes early for an 11:30 am tour. They provide helmets. Good to bring old clothes because you will get muddy (at least your shoes and socks will and maybe half your lower body LOL). We also took bandanas for nose and mouth (dust) but I didn’t think that was really needed. They taxi you (price included) just down the road a bit to where the ATVs are. You get instructions on how to drive (I didn’t drive but those who did in our group found it easy). Then off you go. Whole trip last a couple of hours…first on paved roads then up into the mountains and rainforest and tiny little bumpy roads with huge mud puddles that you drive thru and it splashes up and gets you wet. Just hilarious. Took 2 or 3 rest stops for pics and panoramic views etc. All 8 of us really enjoyed this (oldest age 65, youngest age 9). There was nothing about this tour that I did not enjoy. While we were gone I was able to have my backpack with all my stuff locked up in a shed and it was fine when we got back, nothing missing. I only took my little camera with me on the ATV.

There is an option with this tour to stop at Rainbow Beach and also to rent jet ski’s if you want. But we elected to go back to ship (taxi price included) and enjoy the ship the rest of the day. Again, A+ rating, I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat.

Ate lunch on ship and hung around pool relaxing rest of day

Dinner this night was formal night. Did not see many tuxes if any. Saw mostly cocktail dresses and shirts/ties some coats some not. Saw more casual attire also and no big deal no one cares. Dinner was very good, I loved our waiters. I had lobster bisque soup and shrimp cocktail as appetizers (I told you I always got two appetizers LOL). Had a spinach ravioli entrée, very yummy. Had some sort of chocolate mousse dessert which was AWESOME. Also ordered “lemon meringue pie” which was actually a small round tart LOL. Too much food but was so yummy.

get off ship and walk into town down the street

ry%3D480

it's just a little hard to find unless you are looking for this

ry%3D480

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a5cc06b3127cceeaa3bb52563a00000030O02MaM2rZkzB7efBA/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00300265003420151227181537049.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

ry%3D480

photo fuzzy i was trying to take pics while riding LOL

ry%3D480

here is our family group on one of the panoramic stops LOL

ry%3D480

our helpful guides

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

hard to see in this photo but AOS is way in the background. it was clear when we saw it in person :eek:

walked around a bit by the pier before going back on ship

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Really enjoying your review. We are leaving this Saturday, same itinerary.

I am so jealous! the cruise was wonderful and went by way too fast. I want to get back on now! so fun to have it all to look forward to!

have a great time

Monday Day 3 St Kitts

We made no excursion plans for St Kitts. With 5 ports we didn’t want to wear ourselves out doing something every day. We had considered the Sky Safari zip line but didn’t do it after all. So we just enjoyed the ship all day long which was nice. We had been to St Kitts before also.

We docked on the starboard side, which is where our cabins were. It was lucky for us as the Celebrity Summit was in port that same day and parked side by side with us so got some fun pictures looking over at that. It was not far from us!

Dinner had a “seafood mash” dish, again the name sounds awful they need to do a better job of naming their food but it was delicious. Dessert had key lime pie (YUM) and a chocolate crunch thingy, also good. But I love chocolate!

photo out our balcony looking straight across at Celebrity Summit parked right next to us!

ry%3D480

here is our two ships side by side looking from above. Our ship on left, Celebrity on the right.

ry%3D480

Washing the windows of the Windjammer

ry%3D480

we played bingo one day. actually i played one day and some others played two days. we didnt win :mad: LOL

ry%3D480

Sailaway and leaving Celebrity behind

ry%3D480

Yesterday I was reading CC reviews of the AOS and was surprised on the number of recent negative reviews from the ship being in gross disrepair to lousy food. It is really nice to read your daily reviews with pictures. I don't put much stock in overly positive or negative reviews but yours is refreshing and DW and I look so forward to our cruise in March. Thx!!

Edited by JTBCruiser

Yesterday I was reading CC reviews of the AOS and was surprised on the number of recent negative reviews from the ship being in gross disrepair to lousy food. It is really nice to read your daily reviews with pictures. I don't put much stock in overly positive or negative reviews but yours is refreshing and DW and I look so forward to our cruise in March. Thx!!

I want to echo the kudos to Booptennis about this excellent and very informative review. I personally really appreciate seeing actual photos of dinner and drink menus, as well as the breakfast ones. Thank you so much for that!!! And I agree with the above, I've read some really scathing reviews of AOS and this review puts my mind at ease. One thing I was wondering about: I had read that the 2014 dry dock was supposed to replace/update carpet, cabin interiors, linens, etc but based on the review, it sounds like that didn't happen, at least not for the cabins she stayed in. My wife and I are traveling in January 2017 and my understanding is that another dry dock is scheduled for 2016 at some point. I see that Flowrider is one of the changes, but perhaps some more modernization of the interiors is on the cards as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to echo the kudos to Booptennis about this excellent and very informative review. I personally really appreciate seeing actual photos of dinner and drink menus, as well as the breakfast ones. Thank you so much for that!!! And I agree with the above, I've read some really scathing reviews of AOS and this review puts my mind at ease. One thing I was wondering about: I had read that the 2014 dry dock was supposed to replace/update carpet, cabin interiors, linens, etc but based on the review, it sounds like that didn't happen, at least not for the cabins she stayed in. My wife and I are traveling in January 2017 and my understanding is that another dry dock is scheduled for 2016 at some point. I see that Flowrider is one of the changes, but perhaps some more modernization of the interiors is on the cards as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, and thank you to you both for the kind comments. I will admit when it comes to cruises I am a positive person, I love cruising so little things don't bother me. The cabins we were in had colors and fabrics that were dated, some aquas and pink/salmon colors etc that reminded me of earlier years LOL. So I don't think they have been updated recently. I do not know if they will be changed in the next dry dock or not. But I did not see any obvious rips or shredded material or things like that. just worn a little and colors dated.

Our balcony chairs and table were fine.