11 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale?

I wouldn't book a flight that early during the holiday season, but it is all what you are comfortable with. We had a flight booked for 10am after our Oasis cruise but it is a May cruise, so holiday craziness and winter are not an issue. Just actually looked at our flights because of this thread and our flight has been changed to 7:30am:eek:, that is not going to work.:(

Gotta love the airlines!!

The OP didn't mention what time the ship arrives in port. Obviously that makes a difference. But I think 11:00 is the perfect time for a flight out of FLL. Here's my experience:

We had a 10:40 am flight and our ship was scheduled to arrive at 5 am. The ship was delayed and arrived at port at 6:45 and they changed to a small terminal even though we had a large ship. We had a leisurely breakfast and we planned to disembark at 7:45 and arrive at the airport with two hours to spare. We went downstairs and it was a madhouse because everybody was trying to disembark at the same time. We had to wait in line for one hour just to get off the ship. When we got inside the terminal it was also a madhouse and we waited in line for another hour because they had only three lines through customs. We got outside, scrambled for a taxi and made it to the airport in 10 minutes, just 45 minutes before our flight. We checked our bags curbside, made it through security, and made our flight with 10 minutes to spare.

So we had three major delays: The ship was two hours late, one hour delay to get off the ship, one hour delay to get through customs, and we still made a 10:40 flight. And this was on a Saturday with 5 large ships in port.

So I have no problem recommending an 11:00 flight, and we won't hesitate to book one in the future.

Wish he had taken the risk for 10 am flight! Did self assist, was at the airport by 8:30 for afternoon flight.

Total chaos at FLL airport. So many people and limited seating and we were not allowed to go I

Stairs until 2 hrs before our flight. Grumpy TSA and travelers.

Having said that, we have bemoaned the fact that we didn't take the earlier flight. However, we wanted to allow for any delays in the shop arriving at port.

I'm with you. We learned that lesson years ago and now only book early flights. Considering that the airport is 10 minutes away it's really not a problem. We even book early flights when the ship docks at the port of Miami and we're flying out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by 2ManyCruises

My son booked his returning flight for 10:30am. If everything goes smoothly there should not be an issue. His other choice of flight was 5:00pm. Going to walk off and say my prayers that all goes well.

My flight is not until 1:00pm. I will more than likely spend some "quality time" at the airport.

airport is only 10 min away

No it's not. The Orlando airport is almost an hour away from Port Canaveral which is where Oasis will be sailing from next Christmas 2016.

Edited by Eng23

Something everyone that has replied to this post has missed is that the Oasis will be sailing from Port Canaveral next December not Ft. Lauderdale. Orlando's airport is about 50 minutes to an hour away and that would be an expensive taxi fare! Plus no way would they make an 11am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale coming from Port Canaveral, that's almost a 4 hour drive with good traffic.

Edited by Eng23

Something everyone that has replied to this post has missed is that the Oasis will be sailing from Port Canaveral next December not Ft. Lauderdale. Orlando's airport is about 50 minutes to an hour away and that would be an expensive taxi fare! Plus no way would they make an 11am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale coming from Port Canaveral, that's almost a 4 hour drive with good traffic.

The real question is does the OP realize Port Canaveral and Port Everglades are two different ports??