Formal Nights on Oasis

There have been a lot of threads on Formal Nights over the last few years. I'm aware Celebrity has eliminated Formal nights, has RCL eliminated Formal nights on the Oasis?

No, there are typically two formal nights on a 7-night Oasis cruise.

Can you find a description of Formal Dress on RCL? Under Dress code I don't see any mention of Formal Dress Code suggestions?

Silly, it's not under Dress Code, or anything logical like that. It's under What to Pack:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

We are a pretty relaxed surfing family, so my husband and son love to dress nicely in a button down and nice shorts or slacks, but wear their flip flops to dinner. Does anyone know if there are restrictions on this in the MDR or other restaurants?

They ask for no shorts (dress, nice, intellegent, or otherwise) in the MDR during the evening.

Edited by clarea

No, there are typically two formal nights on a 7-night Oasis cruise.

How recent is your information on the formal nights and menus on Eastern iteneray on Oasis? I'm seeing conflicting posts. Just trying to decided when to book our upscale dining.

How recent is your information on the formal nights and menus on Eastern iteneray on Oasis? I'm seeing conflicting posts. Just trying to decided when to book our upscale dining.

At least a year old.

Mine's 3 months old. On our Eastern cruise on Oasis in October there were two formal nights, the Saffron menu on the second night and the Jasmine menu on the sixth night.

Although they are designated "formal" night (Second night)....it seemed many of the cruisers on our August sailing wore more casual clothes.

A few tux's, many suits and a lot more shirt and dress slacks.

For the women from formals to cocktail dresses to capris.

It is what it is.

And as far as the second semi formal was much more casual.

Enjoy

We do.