11 y.o. on Epic?

kerryincork

I don't want her to play arcade games, I just wanted to find out if we don't link our credit cards she won't be able to go on them. She is not in to walking so I thought it might be nice for her to stay in the kids club some days with her mates. She is too naive to be allowed about the ship without adult supervision, she's a very young 11. We've been to Europe many times and we just like to wander the ports or if weather is nice go to a beach (which she does like).

Thanks for all the advice and opinions, CC wouldn't be the same with out them;)

RUDE! Why did you bother posting this? My opinion is that it is also the 11 year olds vacation and they should get to do what they like to do as well.

At 11 she'll be able to sign herself in and out, but I know on other cruise lines they don't allow the kids to do that when they were in port. I'm really not sure about NCL.

I would think that the way around the video game limitations would be to just put cash on her account. Then when it runs out it runs out? Again, I'm not sure how that would work either. I do know on our last cruise on Carnival the video game room was ridiculously expensive....

Not only can she sign herself in and out she can leave the ship by herself. Need any more reasons to reconsider your short sighted view?

1) You must give permission for children under 12 to sign themselves out & they can only do so after 2 hours of attendance.

2) when we were on the epic in 2014, we disabled our children's charging privileges. We were told they would link to our credit card & didn't want any crazy surprises. Take your niece and allow her to play games on your card up until you decide she has reached her limit.

3) Additionally, we did not allow our children (age 6 & 10) to move about the ship independently unless it was our 10 year old going to a specific place & coming right back. 4000 strange people (many who have been drinking, myself included in that bunch) does not make for a place completely safe for children to be on their own. I trust my child to make good choices, but just as there are creepy people in our world, the ship is not immune to their presence.

Let your niece decide if she wants to come explore with you or stay behind with the kids in the splash academy. It is her vacation, but you need to ensure her safety first.

Enjoy your vacation!

We haven't sailed NCL yet but on Carnival we were able to set a specific daily dollar amount limit on each child's card for arcade charges and when they reached it they couldn't charge anymore in the arcade until the next day. I would think NCL offers the same restriction.

Unfortunately they don't. People have tried several strategies, including having a cash deposit or daily limit, but if there is a credit card tied to the parents' account, it is charged when the cash runs out.

It's unfortunate, as my boys save up for our trips and would like to deposit and spend their own money on their cards, but it isn't possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk